Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Suck Gate Alternatives

GTDALTEX

I'm currently looking at some alternative and was curious if anyone has had any experience with the "Inland Curl Wake Shaper." They're everywhere online and run about $130 but I can't seem to find any solid feedback on them. Just wanted to see if anyone could provide any first hand experience feedback. Thanks in advance!

This is not a bash

Bought one off of CL. this week. Hooked it to the boat. Good suction. About to come up on board. And boom it comes off. I tried jumping off the board to grab it but too late. Only thing I was left with was a $144 pc of rope. I text the guy yesterday as soon as it happened (NOT expecting to get another), and showed him that the lanyard didn't break. I honestly believe that the black hole that it was looped thru, broke. I had a buddy that said he was watching the suck gate and said he couldn't tell either. The guy I bought it from said no way that could happen. I didn't think so either but both of his knots on his lanyard were still knotted. We both agreed on that it would take a ton of force for that lanyard to break the hdpe. So I am going to go this route. I got mad,not at him, just the situation so I loaded the boat up to one side and listed that b****. Going to run to the hardware store and do this. Looks like just a little common sense to do it. But back to the one i bought. The guy was very concerned and responded as soon as I texted him. I believe we are both scratching our head still this morning. Hope this helps

Edited by skylerchamblee

Dang, that's too bad. Well I appreciate the feedback, I'll probably hang tight for now or look into some DIY alternatives like the above video. Thanks!