Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oldest pic of you skiing (or wake or surf) or on skis.

sunvalleylaw

1 hour ago, Rednucleus said:

If only we had a time machine.  Are you sure that's not a pic of me at Lk Chelan in 1979?? Love the yellow foam vest and big smile!

Seriously.  Time machine would be fun.  It is at Hood Canal, out by Dabob bay and Seabeck, and the Bangor sub base.  We would get sub waves once in a while, or sometimes, they would surface.  Also, sea lions come out and chill with us, eagles can be in the air or their eyries, etc.  Love Chelan too, but I only got over there a few times.  A buddy of mine's Dad had a cabin up at 25 mile, on the water so you could jump off the deck.  (PS, I love the hairline and thickness overall).  

Ok, we need more pics of you guys!

Edited by sunvalleylaw

Been skiing and wake boarding since ten years old and the oldest pic I have is at 21 years old  

Cabin%202004%20July%204th%203%20031.jpg

great%20grandmas%20birthday%20party%2012

Edit: This was circa 2002-2004

Edited by 95echelon
  • Like 4
Just now, 95echelon said:

Been skiing and wake boarding since ten years old and the oldest pic I have is at 21 years old . 

Cabin%202004%20July%204th%203%20031.jpg

great%20grandmas%20birthday%20party%2012

Awesome!  Yay!  Thanks for posting some pics!  Love 'em.  Come on you others!

Edited by sunvalleylaw

My first slalom ski that was actually my personal ski was a 64" O'Brien International circa 1980-84ish with a really cool wood-grain top and green bottom that my Dad won in a sales contest at his work.  We didn't have much money back then and I was so proud of my Dad when he won it and I treasured that ski.  I need to head out to my mother's house and she if she has any old pics.  

• Like 2
20 hours ago, sunvalleylaw said:

I tried this over at my other waterski forum and it has been pretty fun.  Thought I would try it here.  Post the oldest pic you have or can easily find of you waterskiing (or wakeboarding or wakesurfing or on a disc, I don't care. Behind a boat). People can earn bonus points for identifying the old gear if they can. 

Here I am, probably not long after Dad bought us this ski from Wileys. I picked it out. (Ha! Arms in, pull! Tail ride that thing!) Circa 1980.

Ok, your turn.  

uv2tfdhiww6n.jpg

No one has guessed it so the ski is a 1980 Kidder Redline (the first year of the ski I think), cosmetic blem from Wiley's.  It had a blue bottom and orange instead of red in the graphics.

I had a kidder redline graphite?

left it on a swim platform after final run, headed in as the sun set and never was able to find it again.  Very sad day.

• Like 1

I have  posted pictures of me skiing on here from the early 60's.  Can anyone tell me how I can access them to repost them?

1 minute ago, electricjohn said:

I have  posted pictures of me skiing on here from the early 60's.  Can anyone tell me how I can access them to repost them?

It depends if you linked a URL, such as photobucket, or uploaded them.  If it were me, I would just search your posts and find them, then drag them off onto your desktop, and load them back up.  Or, if it was a photobucket link, just link it again.

Just now, sunvalleylaw said:

It depends if you linked a URL, such as photobucket, or uploaded them.  If it were me, I would just search your posts and find them, then drag them off onto your desktop, and load them back up.  Or, if it was a photobucket link, just link it again.

There is a way to access photos you previously uploaded to this site, like a gallery or something.  Too many post to search.  I'm not real good w/computers.

• Like 1
Just now, electricjohn said:

There is a way to access photos you previously uploaded to this site, like a gallery or something.  Too many post to search.  I'm not real good w/computers.

oh yeah, hadn't done that yet.  I just did it.  Easy. Go up to the upper left and find your username, and click on it.  select attachments from the drop down menu, click the pic you want and it downloads.  I can't see a way to just reference it in a new thread.  Maybe someone with more experience here knows a way.

Don't think attachments are available to me, non supporter.

7 minutes ago, sunvalleylaw said:

oh yeah, hadn't done that yet.  I just did it.  Easy. Go up to the upper left and find your username, and click on it.  select attachments from the drop down menu, click the pic you want and it downloads.  I can't see a way to just reference it in a new thread.  Maybe someone with more experience here knows a way.