Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding autovent to 2017 M235

potterm

I was disappointed to find that my boat came without autovent.  (Malibu's 2017 brochure lists it as a standard option).

First question is how helpful is it to not have to burp your bags?  Does it work well?  

Has anyone used the wakemaker autovent add on kit on a M235?  

Can you just use a Y or T into the vent line without a check valve?

Edited by potterm
typo

All it is a vent line that plugs into the top of the bag.  You can call wakemakers and probably do it for less than $50 in parts.  Yes its a nice feature, I am very surprised your M235 did not come with It?   Have you asked your dealer if they could just add it on for you?

8 hours ago, Fman said:

All it is a vent line that plugs into the top of the bag.  You can call wakemakers and probably do it for less than $50 in parts.  Yes its a nice feature, I am very surprised your M235 did not come with It?   Have you asked your dealer if they could just add it on for you?

It's a little more than that. It is a dual line setup with a check valve on one side. It Y's into a single vent line and attaches to the existing thru hull.

3 hours ago, wakebrdr94 said:

Just have the dealer add it on.  Two hoses and two through hills and your good.  

I've played on an M a few times, I've actually liked the wake and wave better without PNP added weight.

See above. I added it to my boat easily. I like how it works.

I always vented my bags through rear cup holders.  Kind of a 23 psalm kinda thing.   My cup (holder) runneth over....

Yes having PNP vented makes life better

Edited by DarkSide
On 4/18/2017 at 10:22 PM, potterm said:

I was disappointed to find that my boat came without autovent.  (Malibu's 2017 brochure lists it as a standard option).

First question is how helpful is it to not have to burp your bags?  Does it work well?  

Has anyone used the wakemaker autovent add on kit on a M235?  

Can you just use a Y or T into the vent line without a check valve?

Dripless water system kinetic vent, works like a charm used the o rings from the plugs for sac vent , $7.00 bought 3 plus shipping one dribbles from vent , used the 3rd one

Edited by granddaddy55
4 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Dripless water system kinetic vent, works like a charm used the o rings from the plugs for sac vent , $7.00 bought 3 plus shipping one dribbles from vent , used the 3rd one

Is this what you used?  Can you post a link.  I tried to look for it before from your previous post and didn't find it.  I believe I was missing the word kinetic.  

https://www.dripdepot.com/item/kinetic-air-vent-and-vacuum-relief-valve-protected-outlet-size-three-quarter-inch-mpt-w-pressure-check-no?gdffi=cf83ccffd3ab412e9fd6fb117dbb26c9&gdfms=F35D3AEA26BD4C7BAB86C654E7B72493&gclid=Cj0KEQjwxPbHBRCdxJLF3qen3dYBEiQAMRyxS79i1lB4BLKQaIAybobdVF46n4xz-UuDzuJ_kzUfGXkaApMn8P8HAQ

Edited by potterm
2 hours ago, potterm said:

That's the type, mine had bigger threads , not skinny at bottom 1 1/8? No it's actually 1inch but pictures at drop depot not same as mine below  

https://www.dripirrigation.com/1-kinetic-air-vent-vacuum-relief-valve

https://www.amazon.com/Kinetic-Vent-Vacuum-Relief-Valve/dp/B00TB7FOB8

though I think I got mine at dripdepot you went to

Edited by granddaddy55
1 hour ago, Cole2001 said:

I can't believe I boat that costs 3 times as much as my tige didn't come with vent vines! 

I guess every manufacturer has different priorities. 

Thanks to my dealer and malibu it's going too.  I may still try kinetic drip valves.  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, potterm said:

Thanks to my dealer and malibu it's going too.  I may still try kinetic drip valves.  

Do it 1st, cause you know they will be slow about it