Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Non-Marking Bow Roller

BlknYlwT22

I have a 2014 Boatmate trailer that came with their standard bow roller (https://www.boatmateparts.com/product_details.php?itmId=1). I know this is supposed to be a non-marking roller, however, with a black hull there have been a few marks left in the years we have owned the boat. I have read old threads that suggested putting 303 on the roller but wanted to see if there is a better roller to avoid this all together. 

Since we all love pics

61D6E663-F5D4-4307-BD14-DBF71583C72A_zps

Ebony hull here as well. I pulled the BM one and used a Stotz roller kit. I can't say that I am overly impressed but it has been more useful, but marginally so. The trick is finding a roller that is as wide and as large as possible to fill the entire space between the center roller support ears and hard enough not to collapse under the weight of the bow. The Stotz comes close but not close enough to make me rave about the performance. I had to crank on the OEM roller nut & bolt so hard to keep the plasting roller from collapsing under the weight of the bow otherwise the hull was just too close to the support ears. The flimsy plastic roller would then scuff the hull because it couldn't roll so I went with the Stotz. If I could find some UHMW plastic or a like performing plastic at a reasonable cost I might even be tempted to go that route and have a set made some where. For now the Stotz is working for me as I trailer less than 2 miles round trip to the launch. 

• 1 month later...

I am also looking to replace the roller on our trailer, we have a while hull with a clear yellow roller and it leaves yellowish brown marks on both sides of the hull which are not easy to get off. 

• 3 years later...