Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower speakers outside

skylerchamblee

Has anyone mounted the tower speakers on the outside of the illousion xs tower. I'm not around the boat and she just asked. I have the factory cans. Just wasn't sure if they could go on the outside of the tower. Thanks.

11 hours ago, minnmarker said:

No mounting holes on the outside.  Only the board rack threaded holes and no electrical access.  What do you want to accomplish?

Wanting to get the music spread out, and away from the inboats. If that makes sense 

9 hours ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

Sure it can be done. But should it?

IMG_0188.jpg

b5839fc238582dd4c6d34acf37b51825.jpgattachment.php?attachmentid=11399&stc=1&

Just a bit over board. Lol

7 minutes ago, skylerchamblee said:

Wanting to get the music spread out, and away from the inboats. If that makes sense

I had the same objective.  My cabin crew doesn't want to get blasted by music loud enough for the surfer so:

14 hours ago, skylerchamblee said:

Has anyone mounted the tower speakers on the outside of the illousion xs tower. I'm not around the boat and she just asked. I have the factory cans. Just wasn't sure if they could go on the outside of the tower. Thanks.

As long as the wider span doesn't cause you storage issues, yes you can, at least with most after-market cans.

You can add compression-fit nutserts into the outer wall just like factory does on the inner wall. Or, you can drill out (and cover) the interior nutserts to gain access to the outer wall and use bolts from inside to outside. The one thing you should not do is use long bolts through both walls that would serve to compress the tower, although you could use interior sleeves around the bolts as 'stops'.  

• 4 months later...