Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 23LSV - bluetooth syncing

Monkeybutt

after syncing one of my iPhones with the boat I can't get another one to sync up - I have to delete the one entirely before a 2nd one can connect.  The display asks a seriously odd question when trying to sync another device first:  Do you want to forget xxxx device (I have to take a pic the next time) - yes/no.  Either answer will do nothing - the device shown on the screen stays the same.  Anybody else figured out how to get around this?  I actually repurposed an old iPhone but the battery isn't too good - so it dies rather quickly and I forgot the cord so wanted to switch back to my regular phone.  The only option eventually was to remove the phone resync and then finally be able to listen on a different device.

This was a complaint I had on my 2016 - it could only remember one device.  God I love you Malibu, but how you continue to not get the basics in these factory stereos is beyond me.  

yeah - I know we paired my wife's phone and mine on the first outing.  I think they did a software update over the winter for our boat and we both have new phones so I haven't tried it now but I know it worked.

This is strange Malibu set it up this way....The Exile BT4.0 will pair 12 devices and stream one.  I would think Malibu would also want this same feature????? After reading many posts about the new stereo it looks like there are still some glitches that need to be worked out:(

3 hours ago, Fman said:

This is strange Malibu set it up this way....The Exile BT4.0 will pair 12 devices and stream one.  I would think Malibu would also want this same feature????? After reading many posts about the new stereo it looks like there are still some glitches that need to be worked out:(

Could you pair multiple with your 2015?

29 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

Could you pair multiple with your 2015?

I had a stereo delete on my 2015, never used the Exile BT just the 3.5mm plug in.  I'm going to run the Exile BT on this system, it's on back order right now.  Brian said it will sync 12 devices, 1 stream.  I have yet to actually use it but have heard good feedback from people using it.  That was one of my frustrations with previous BT setups only being able to sync one device at a time.  With 12 now everyone's device in the boat can be sync'd up which should be great.

Stereo is now entirely out - stuck in startup mode. Dealer says to check battery connections etc.

Will install battery charger this afternoon so full disconnect and will leave it purposely for 15 minutes or so. Hope this will reset it.  Last two outing have been quiet I think the neighbors on my lake like the new boat better than the old one ?

• Like 1

No improvement - Battery was on the lower end after installing battery charger - its charging right now - so we'll see if there's a change later tonight before covering up for the week - snow is in the forecast for Thursday ... yay ?!

Software version is MY2017 v12-2016 V2.  Does anybody have a newer version already (boat got delivered end of January 2017)?

It's so ironic that we have pages and pages of guys screaming about zip ties and fiberglass dust, but factory stereo gets little attention by comparison. The symptoms casually described in this thread and others are what I'd be SCREAMING about if I was in your shoes. The irony is this year we were promised it was all gonna be better. Guess not...

Having been in your shoes I will tell you what I did... installed Exile ZLD and BT and bypassed the entire factory integration. However, I'm not smart enough to know how feasible that is given those new amps that don't have RCA plugs. Maybe worth a try though... trust me when I tell you that your dealer has no clue how to torubleshoot, Wet Sounds and their cronies will point the finger ar Malibu, and if history tells us anything I don't see Malibu coming to the rescue 

15 hours ago, IXFE said:

It's so ironic that we have pages and pages of guys screaming about zip ties and fiberglass dust, but factory stereo gets little attention by comparison. The symptoms casually described in this thread and others are what I'd be SCREAMING about if I was in your shoes. The irony is this year we were promised it was all gonna be better. Guess not...

Having been in your shoes I will tell you what I did... installed Exile ZLD and BT and bypassed the entire factory integration. However, I'm not smart enough to know how feasible that is given those new amps that don't have RCA plugs. Maybe worth a try though... trust me when I tell you that your dealer has no clue how to torubleshoot, Wet Sounds and their cronies will point the finger ar Malibu, and if history tells us anything I don't see Malibu coming to the rescue 

I can I can say that I have had no issues with my BT or factory integration, But I am glad that I added two SD amps, towers and sub that were not factory. Mine works flawlessly with the exception of having to forget and  re-pair a device when you want to change dj's. It only likes one, and one only. This process takes less than a minute. Not the end of the world for me, but an update would be nice!

Edited by ConnollyCrew
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, IXFE said:

found some zip ties too yesterday ;-) but they didn't cause the stereo to go out ... I'm not screaming yet but it was annoying as I really wanted to blast my neighbors all Saturday ... :D

So dealer is reaching out - we'll see where it goes ... I have to assume that the issue is in the software - I did check all the connections and Bluetooth etc. is all working but the amps aren't powering up.  At least we got past the 10 hours break-in period - fun can start ... not that we had some already.

ahopkins22LSV
13 hours ago, IXFE said:

Ironic indeed.

I'll be honest I was all for the new stereo setup when I first demo'd a 2017 at the end of last year. It was soooooo much better then the RF setup. And it will still be I imagine. It just sure sounds like the large increase of production (I am assuming...) and new programming is leading to much more issues.

so ... simple fix ... duh to myself ... dealer reached out - factory says - check all fuses ... so I'm digging around my crates to find old fashioned fuses before climbing back into boat (not that I have to work by any means on a Monday morning ...) - no fuse puller handy but a set of pliers will do.

amps are so close together that the one to the left are hard to get to ... so going for the easier ones first ... pull them out ... all good.  Well - let's see the tough ones ... all good too.  Dang ... and then I noticed ... positive cable is off from the first amp???  me pulling out fuse pulled wire out too ...  guy who installed stereo really tighten the screw for the connection - except the wire was never in ... at least he knows how to tighten the screw :cheers:  obviously the famous old question - is it plugged in? 

so stereo is working again ... yay ...

maybe I should open another thread about quality control ...

however - one thing I do have to say ... the developer who programmed the interface should raise an exception if power isn't present - instead of being stuck on the message 'powering up' ... but I guess he's better at hacking servers :thumbup:

• Like 1