Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Let's talk Canopies and material...

goodmatt78

@bretski75 How do your valances do in the wind with the lighter material?  Did you get std or extended valances.    In the attached pic, I have my boat all the way up and still tons of exposure, so no boat cover isn't an option.  My shorestation canopy has slots in the valances for weights....im not sure if this is std.

I bought my lift motor from LiftTech.  They were awesome and gave me dealer pricing since I didn't have a dealer close by.

3 hours ago, Levi900RR said:

Good deal. I really want to go blue cause everything else I have is blue... My lift motor / remote has a light circuit on it so I'm going to tie them to that. Should be pretty slick. 

Thats actually what I did as well, but finding the connectors to connect into the box was harder than I wanted it to be. 

The sides do fine in the wind.  I do tie them down with a small non stretch cord to keep them down.  The sides I got the same length as the original, maybe 18 inches.  If I were to do it again I would probably add screens on the side that gets a lot of sun.   So the wind can blow through it a little buy still get sun protection.

IMG_2955.JPG

18 hours ago, goodmatt78 said:

Do you guys use auger posts to secure your lifts w/ canopies?

No.  Although I do know a guy that had his lift flipped with a bass boat on it during a tornado. I install and remove the canopy on the same day as my boat so if the wind is that bad, my Boat is holding down the lift. I think friction caused by the geometry of the canopy frame going into the lift along with the set screws (bolts) hold the canopy to the lift frame in a heavy wind. 

8 hours ago, Badger said:

No.  Although I do know a guy that had his lift flipped with a bass boat on it during a tornado. I install and remove the canopy on the same day as my boat so if the wind is that bad, my Boat is holding down the lift. I think friction caused by the geometry of the canopy frame going into the lift along with the set screws (bolts) hold the canopy to the lift frame in a heavy wind. 

SS canopies are bolted to the lift.  Now that I have lifted my canopy up to the next to highest adjustment hole, I am wondering how much wind will it take to send it flying.