Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New decal help

jrvs23

Got some proofs back a while ago and I'm still not sure. I want to keep it simple redoing my reg. numbers, add "malibu" to the rear port and starboard corners, and the malibu sun to the transom. The color is holding me up. Here is one proof they sent which would be nice I think.

I wasn't sure if I should stick with the Reuben red or go with the platinum fill and change the sun. Any thoughts are appreciated. Couple pics of the locations.

20170416_183920.jpg

20170416_184130.jpg

Transom needs a buff for sure. I think I can increase the size of the sun to 6". There is 7" of space between the rub rail and pin stripe.

Edited by jrvs23
Pic removed
  • Like 1

The Rueben is going to look great. The only thing I might consider doing is going with the Malibu center mass back there as well. Just the sun may either look like an after thought in that great big area or a misplaced gas cap, kind of lonely looking IMO. Or if you want to fill that space, something like this in your font and colors might work.

logo.JPG

1 hour ago, wdr said:

The Rueben is going to look great. The only thing I might consider doing is going with the Malibu center mass back there as well. Just the sun may either look like an after thought in that great big area or a misplaced gas cap, kind of lonely looking IMO. Or if you want to fill that space, something like this in your font and colors might work.

logo.JPG

I really wanted to include the sun on the back but was not finding balance like you pointed out. I like this idea!

Just now, jrvs23 said:

I really wanted to include the sun on the back but was not finding balance like you pointed out. I like this idea!

I had this on my 95 echelon back when they sold those stickers. Even in the size of that truck decal in white it looked fantastic. 

• 3 weeks later...

That is going to look nice. Have you thought about clear letters with the Rueben outline for the back. It could just be the page, but the black outline kind of disaapears in the Rueben on the back decals. The Rueben framed clear letters would go well with that Rueben pinstripe line/theme back there as well. 

I think the contrast is enough. But it's always less on the boat.

Any pictures of the boat in the sun? Wondering if we can compare the colors with a bit more brightness...