Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Plug and Play Bow

FlyBoyCoy

Ok ok - so yea - I need the weight up front for the perfect surf wake.

With reference to the 2016 23LSV - has anyone done a similar set up to the factory PNP up in the bow? Where the hard fills and then over flows into an external? Being that it would also sit on top of the factory tank seems simple enough to gravity drain back into the hard tank...

Share your experience or thoughts please ?

I asked this before too and don't know of anyone that has done it like a true factory PNP.  I just ran a dedicated reversible pump with hidden hose connection like IXFE and some others have done. Then I toss the triangle bag out as needed. 

I called Wake Makers and they set me up with the reversible pump as well with triangle bow bag. In my case I opted to place the pump in the back under a seat cushion with the supply/drain hose going to the back drain plug. This way I did not have to make another hole in the hull. You can use the front drain plug as well and place pump behind the panel on floor under steering column or make a new hole if you want to keep both drain plugs. System comes with all plug in connectors except where you hook up to power. All electrical cables labeled for a nice clean install. You will have a separate rocker switch for this bag and will not be integrated with the touch screen. All plumbing, hoses and connectors included. Took me about 2.5 hours tops for install and to figure it all out.

• Like 1

I did it, but am going to redo it differently.  I had the front tank overflow into the bottom of the bag so it would drain the same way.  Problem is, the pump can't overcome the head pressure and the bag will not fill all of the way.  I did put in an electric normally closed valve so it doesn't drain, but it still won't fill as much as I'd like.  So, my plans for the next month or so are to add a second fill from the center tank, which will feed into one of the top ports on the bag.  Haven't figure out yet if I'll wye it and let gravity pull it into the bag, then reverse course once full, or if I'll have a vent on the bag, as well.  I am going off of memory, but I believe there are two ports on top (one front, one rear), and one on bottom.

At any rate, I can't tell you the best way to do it.  But I can tell you one way that isn't the best!