Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 LSV stereo screen is blank

bb1632

I got my 2015 LSV out of storage today, connected the batteries turned it on and noticed the stereo screen is blank.  No sound is coming from the speakers (no static, or sound when I connected and played via bluetooth from my iphone).

I confirmed that the stereo graphic power button does turn on a backlight on the screen, but there is no mode button to select input type, or any words/numbers on the screen whatsoever.  I checked every connection I could find and nothing seemed loose or fixed the issue.

I know some of you have ordered with a stereo delete, I'm wondering if that's what the stereo screen looks like when you do?

Also, has anyone had this issue before or have any ideas of other things I could check?

I did reset to factory, I cycled power at the battery switch, and have run the boat all with no change in how the system is acting.

Thanks

I couldn't remember if the amps had an exterior light or if the light was behind the doors covering the gain controls.  I did not see any lights on any of the 3 amps.

The head unit/black box is in the same area as the amps, correct?

I've looked around and did not see a fuse that appeared to be for the radio.  There were two inline fuses on the battery cable, and of course the circuit panel under the throttle controls that I checked.

Where is the black box fuse located?  Is it on a cable somewhere, or within the black box?

As you can tell, I've done zero work on the radio / wiring of this boat.

Malibu typically wired the yellow B+/MEM direct to one of the amps with no fuse there. There is an inline fuse close to the BB but not accessible without getting behind the wall. 

• 3 years later...