Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Still snowing

sunvalleylaw

I will probably take a lunch break and snow ski today.  But my mind is on my new (to me) 'Bu and my new ski and getting out on the water.  A few more weeks I guess.

72280B47-BB79-4D1F-89F2-98794EA9145D_zps

AC5FD7F6-4751-4415-9E88-4C1C160926C4_zps

You can see the very nose of my 'Bu peeking out from under cover over there.  And the table that was crushed by the amount of snow that was still in this yard a few weeks ago.

Nice spread!  Terrain and trees look south of Hailey?

Is that a snowmobile trailer and a horse trailer?  You have horses too?  Don't you know horses make your life a constant maintenance effort!

My ex took the horses.  In retrospect that was a good thing.

One last thing: Can I come visit?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, minnmarker said:

Is that a snowmobile trailer and a horse trailer?  You have horses too?  Don't you know horses make your life a constant maintenance effort!

Thanks! North end of Hailey.  But out in the county.  South end of Buttercup road.  

@minnmarker , this view from the back porch may help you position it in your mind's eye.

015783F4-BE62-49C4-A73B-F115D44A051A_zps

Also, you can see old fence, new fence.  I may attempt to carve an elf or bear with my electric chainsaw on a couple of the longer new fence posts still sticking up that we did not cut off last November when we were finishing the project as snow was coming down.  This year's snow crushed the old backyard firepit too.  Never happened before.  We were intending to re-do the firepit anyway.  More similar to the front one.

Edited by sunvalleylaw
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, ID AX said:

If it makes you feel better, it snowed on us flatlanders most of the day.  

Planning on coming down to visit you guys down there in a couple/few weeks.  Say early to mid-May.

11 hours ago, minnmarker said:

That is the neighbor's house.  My wife's mom's former house, now owned by Muffy Davis and her family.  That is their trailer that is used for toy hauling.  Muffy has lots of gear, given her exploits and condition.  We are on an acre in the county and could have horses, but we don't.  A neighbor the other direction from us has nice horses.  We look at them.  And I have a Vizsla that is about as big as a horse.  That is enough.

And sure!  Would love a visit.  We could ski (snow or water) and have fire pit with beverages. :)

13 hours ago, sunvalleylaw said:

Planning on coming down to visit you guys down there in a couple/few weeks.  Say early to mid-May.

Let me know when you do.  Lowell should be mid 60s by then, as long as the sun comes back.  

Yea, we got like 2" of snow on Monday morning.... then a massive melt off by noon. Then hail Wednesday & Friday. And today it's sunny & pushin 60. We're pullin 30+ boats a day out of storage & getting them on the lake. Makes it interesting.