Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Flush kit Transom

CedarLakeSkier

OK,

My "first year of boating" is showing now. When I ordered my '06 iRide I ordered it with the Flush kit Transom install. My thought was that I would be eventually doing some of the maintenance myself (I'm pretty handy :) )

My one general complaint about my boat purchase is the lack of information available on the "Stuff" that is considered add on stuff.

Case in point.... I know what it's for, but how do I use this thing? No instructions or anything that I can see in any of the manuals

Anyone here have a clue? I guess if you order this stuff your just supposed to know how to use it...

Attach a garden hose into the fitting on the transom, turn the hose on all the way, then you should be able to start the boat. Don't run it at high rpms, the hose only delivers enough water to allow running at a high idle. Make sure you turn off the engine before stopping the water flow when you're done.

Attach a garden hose into the fitting on the transom, turn the hose on all the way, then you should be able to start the boat. Don't run it at high rpms, the hose only delivers enough water to allow running at a high idle. Make sure you turn off the engine before stopping the water flow when you're done.

Beef,

That's what I thought, but what if I want to suck anti-freeze into the system when I winterize it. There is no pressure on a bucket of anti-freeze to switch the valve.

Chaabo,

I don't think I'll need one of those. There's a metal fitting poking out of the back of the boat that's threaded for a hose. I'm pretty sure the hose will just screw on.

Do you have a raw water intake valve?

For winterizing the boat you have to shut this valve so the engine will suck through the flush-kit even out of a bucket. Place it on the swimstep (= higher than the engine).

If there's no valve (std on the Euro-version/CE package) use ducktape to shut the raw water intake underneath the boat. But don't forget to warm up the engine using water before feeding it with AF.

Edited by Chaabo
Do you have a raw water intake valve?

For winterizing the boat you have to shut this valve so the engine will suck through the flush-kit even out of a bucket. Place it on the swimstep (= higher than the engine).

If there's no valve (std on the Euro-version/CE package) use ducktape to shut the raw water intake underneath the boat. But don't forget to warm up the engine using water before feeding it with AF.

Chaabo,

Thanks. If I remember properly there is a valve on every location where raw water is alloed in (ballast, raw water intake, etc) This sounds like what I was looking for. Thanks for the help.

My 06' V-ride came with the transome flush mount and it is already threaded for a water hose to hook straight to it. Very easy to use. Make sure that you have roughly 30 PSI pressure on your water hose to keep enough water going in the motor. As far as useing it for antifreez in the winter process, it can also be done with a little imagination. I have a 50 gallon drum of RV antifreez that I run a water hose out of and connect to the boat transom. Take a small pump motor that has at least 30 PSI to it and wire a switch on it. When you want to winterize the motor cut the switch on and the motor pumps the anifreeze at the same PSI as your water hose, then turn the boat motor on until the antifreez comes out of the exhaust. Your motor is done for the winter. You can also do the same with your ballast tanks. Just adapt the hose to fit into the drain hole in the side of the boat that is the overflow for the ballast tanks. Pump about a 1/4 tank full so the water in those will not freeze. there is always water left in the ballast tanks even when you think its all done draining. Very easy process. I used to hate to have to do it with dumping RV antifreez into the raw water intake hose. Once you have made your make shift pump with the drum of antifreeze. the whole winter process takes about 5 minutes. Good luck and hope you enjoy having that option. It's a great one to have no matter where you live. Most people say I dont need it because I dont go in salt water but most dont think about this time saving part of the winterization. There are also other things that go along with the winterization process that you will need to do so see owners manual for the rest. Hope this helps

P.S. Chaabo's info also needs to be followed before this is done!

Edited by BuggsIsland06vride
But don't forget to warm up the engine using water before feeding it with AF.

Good point. Better yet, drain the block then add the antifreeze. If there is nothing in the block it will fill first regardless of engine temp. If you added antifreeze to a cold block it would bypass the block and get dumped out of the manifolds and out the back of the boat leaving you thinking that the block is winterized when it really isn't.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I still just drain everything and put her to hibrenation dry w/o any of the pink stuff as the manual says. :)

My goodness, why are we talking winterization already. Summer just started Mad.gif

I had no idea that there was a Flush Kit hole available for the transom.

Do all the 06's have them? I've looked around under the transom and can't find anything other than the grilled intake.

I bought one of those plunger thingys to "fake a lake" - but would be really nice to have a direct plug in with the above pictured fitting...

I had no idea that there was a Flush Kit hole available for the transom.

Do all the 06's have them? I've looked around under the transom and can't find anything other than the grilled intake.

I bought one of those plunger thingys to "fake a lake" - but would be really nice to have a direct plug in with the above pictured fitting...

This is optional and you have to order the "Flush kit w/ thru transom".

Or you retrofit a FlushPro 1 1/4'' by yourself and hook up the hose directly to the Flushpro.

100811F-p.jpg

Edited by Chaabo