Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stereos in boats. Anyone else not see the real need?

sunvalleylaw

1 hour ago, TenTwentyOne said:

edit- on thing I don't think is cool..... if you are going to blast your music on a public lake, don't blast explicit material. Keep it clean for the kids, and church folk. 

Can we please extend this to country of any sort and nickelback?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, sunvalleylaw said:

... be prepared to hear the "F the Police" stuff coming back at you.  Just how it goes.  BTW, I do not condone, nor listen to, such music.  But, once one opens the door . . .

You mean I still can't listen to anything from that Geico commercials guy?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

yes! I find these both very offensive and don't want my children's ears subject to either of them 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, TenTwentyOne said:

edit- on thing I don't think is cool..... if you are going to blast your music on a public lake, don't blast explicit material. Keep it clean for the kids, and church folk. 

Amen.... you mean you have some values? Ha... yeah I don't get the Fbomb songs cranking.  It's nice to know I am not the only one who feels this way.

And another stinger for me is when people are cranking there music in the Marina....save it for the lake.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

That seems to be what the beach sitters like around here.

I guess living next to largest lake in Kansas, other boaters music has never bothered me. But the darn fishermen who show up and park in a calm cove after we've started a run do bother me.

ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

Says the guy who just posted a video of him rocking out to gangnam style :Tease3: . So many jokes could be made her but I will refrain ;) 

(I agree with nickelback)

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 3

Nothing better than good tunes and being on the water, to me.  I'll keep the tower down if there are a lot of ppl around and no one behind my boat.

As far as sound quality goes.. let's be honest these stereo set ups are more about volume with decent sound quality than true high quality sound quality. It's a terrible environment to try to accurately reproduce music.. 

2 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Says the guy who just posted a video of him rocking out to gangnam style :Tease3: . So many jokes could be made her but I will refrain ;) 

(I agree with nickelback)

Hey now I pre-mocked that vid and it wasn't ME rocking out to it. But it really goes more to the point of just being reasonable with one another and considerate of all tastes. In my vid there wasn't another boat within a mile, and in that context, let 'er rip. 

• Like 2

Some of these systems are really a nice listening experience at low and high volumes. The performance can be amazing. The previous owner of my boat had a pro install done. 

I want to shake their hand. 

Steve B.

The wife is a "turn it down or off lady" but when it's just the boys and me, we crank it ("tunes" that is). Most water we go to are large and very few people to complain about the nickelback playing, clean version of course. I agree something about surfing and the stereo up that just makes it fun, but that's just my crew, and we try not blast people out. It's like everything else in life, treat people like you would want to be treated and the problems seem to go away, piss me off and you've got trouble. We like all kinds of music and our playlists are diverse, but put on the rap crap and the music goes away. Just my .02 to this interesting topic.

• Like 1

Early in the mornings I like to come into the course out of the rising sun. About a mile out, I'll put on the music.  I use Wagner.  Scares the hell out of the fishermen. My boys love it.

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

Hey now I pre-mocked that vid and it wasn't ME rocking out to it. But it really goes more to the point of just being reasonable with one another and considerate of all tastes. In my vid there wasn't another boat within a mile, and in that context, let 'er rip. 

Haha I have no problem with it! Even if there were other boats around I am sure they would have appreciated that over Nickelback!

• Like 2

Poor Nickelback.  They almost deserve to be in the HOF for being the butt of all the jokes for so long.  Really, a long solid career.  

• Like 2

No sound system in either of my boats.  My 1970 Winner is used in salt water and salt and electronics don't mix real well.  Besides an electrical failure on the ocean with an outgoing tide could get messy in a 14 ft boat.  My Malibu is used on a lake where there is zero radio reception and CD players I heard at that time in other boats did nothing but skip back in 2003.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

This clip (which is so wrong and just so right on so many levels) kinda encapsulates the whole big stereo thing for me:

(nobody to bug, hot glassy saturday, and a 12 y/o getting his (modest) throw down on.  man is it summer yet?)

LOVE this!  My 4 year old loves to easy ski jamming to Miley's Party in the USA.  

59 minutes ago, RedOwl said:

Attitudes like 'you can't tell me what to do' are what lead to restricted riding times, wake-device limitations and other rules that hinder our sport and experience. The wake & ski community is a good one, but I guarantee it isn't as loud as the fish, paddle & property-owning community.

The reality is that people can complain about what we do. The more that happens, the more likely it is that the regulators will tell us what we HAVE to do.

I feel like people abusing the times it isn't allowed is what does that. From experience, the mayor of my town is a good friend. He would inform me of town hall sessions talking with the community that lives on and around the Mississippi up here. Basically said once they tried to rid the area of wake activities. Didnt happen, people obey the laws. I am out there frequently. We play music loud but dont blast it. Not early morning or late night. 

Btw I listen to the rules, but that doesnt mean I listen to someone telling me my music is annoying and they dont want to hear it. I stay away from private lakes for that reason. too many extra rules, too many snobs.

Far more important things to complain about, like the a hole jet skiers that jump the wake while you are towing... or power turns. Damn power turns. Ruining water for everyone.  

7 hours ago, hethj7 said:

LOVE this!  My 4 year old loves to easy ski jamming to Miley's Party in the USA.  

I'd be lying if I said we haven't cranked that one too!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, IXFE said:

Show me any father to teenage girls who says he hasn't, and I'll show you a liar. 

It's actually got a good bass line.  Gives that sub a workout!

1 hour ago, Woodski said:

My stereo is the two stainless tips in the transom singing a 3600 or 4100 rpm deep rumbling melody. :whistle:

That is more what I want to hear.  Especially while towing.  And any time other than off plane or hanging out for a deep water swim, or on the beach.