Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Demon

RyanB

So, not a tow vehicle, but truly a BA car.  840 HP.  770 TQ.  Insane 0-60 and quarter mile times.  This might be enough to bring me back over to MOPAR.

Lord, lead me not into temptation.  I can fid it myself.

• Like 2

NHRA rules require a roll cage on all vehicles at 9.99 and quicker or any vehicle running 135 mph or faster (regardless of e.t.).

Edited by 1HELLUVALIFE
11 minutes ago, Falko said:

Most drag specific cars are automatic. Quicker and more consistent shifts, and easier on the drive train overall. 

Yep, that is how it is at my track, but it's an absolute deal breaker for me.

Was just talking to a car dealer buddy of mine. He's got two Hellcats in stock right now - auto and manual. He said the manual is way easier to drive because the auto will upshift even during loss of traction, so you're sacrificing control. When drag racing, though, an auto will shift way faster than a manual.  This car was never intended as a twisty machine.  It's pure straight line...

For me, a manual is a must have for me. I'm now in an S4. Lack of manual options took S6 and S7 out of play. The Hellcat would be an interesting option. Maybe if they did a Tomcat with a manual?

30 minutes ago, MadMan said:

Yep, that is how it is at my track, but it's an absolute deal breaker for me.

Yeah if you are going hooligan machine, manual is a must. 

24 minutes ago, MUM3 said:

Was just talking to a car dealer buddy of mine. He's got two Hellcats in stock right now - auto and manual. He said the manual is way easier to drive because the auto will upshift even during loss of traction, so you're sacrificing control. When drag racing, though, an auto will shift way faster than a manual.  This car was never intended as a twisty machine.  It's pure straight line...

For me, a manual is a must have for me. I'm now in an S4. Lack of manual options took S6 and S7 out of play. The Hellcat would be an interesting option. Maybe if they did a Tomcat with a manual?

Owner's son has an S7 that I ride in frequently. Very nice car, not having the manual wouldn't bother me too much in it. The auto shifts very crisp and quick. Not as hard shift as popping a clutch, but for a luxo sport sedan it does very well. Handling for a car that size is incredible as well, actually for any size car it is pretty darn good. 

I honestly don't really get the Hellcat for street use. The power pretty much exceeds the tire grip with a standard SRT at 485hp, not sure what an extra 220hp will do to them. 

4 minutes ago, Falko said:

Owner's son has an S7 that I ride in frequently. Very nice car, not having the manual wouldn't bother me too much in it. The auto shifts very crisp and quick. Not as hard shift as popping a clutch, but for a luxo sport sedan it does very well. Handling for a car that size is incredible as well, actually for any size car it is pretty darn good. 

I honestly don't really get the Hellcat for street use. The power pretty much exceeds the tire grip with a standard SRT at 485hp, not sure what an extra 220hp will do to them. 

I know manuals are a vanishing breed, and that the PDKs/DCTs/and DSGs of the world will soon take over.  I'm holding on for now, though.  I still can't give up rev-matching, even though mine does it automatically.

10 minutes ago, Falko said:

There is no such thing as too much horsepower.

• Like 2

FYI, the Demon is auto only but you can still get a Hellcat, SRT and Scatpack in manual! :biggrin: may even be some slightly used Hellcats for sale once the Demon hits dealers.

I have a manual in my Cayman S.  If I were buying today, no doubt I would go with a PDK.  Better all the way around.

@jjackkrash, that Durango sounds sweet.  But I would still love to drive the Trackhawk.  

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2017-jeep-grand-cherokee-trackhawk-25-cars-worth-waiting-for-feature

I hope they make some MAJOR improvements in the Navigator.  The current model seems at least two updates behind the GM full size SUVs.

Edited by RyanB