Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hooking Up LEDS to Onboard computer system 15' 24 MXZ

malibughilotti

Need some help.  I am installing light rings on my 4 Rev10 tower speakers, 6 - 8' round and 2 - 6' round interior speakers as well as 12" sub.  I want to hook up lights thru the controller and have the switch on be the onboard system.  I can find the pigtail labeled swim but not the others.  Are they run elsewhere.  I was looking for tower but can find, is it pre-wired into the tower somewhere.  Or am I just missing something?  Please help?

2015 24' MXZ

The tower lights leads are in a a pigtail waterproof connector behind the dash (in my '15 LSV) labeled "RELAY". If I remember, it's a 6 or 8 pin connector that is the ground side of a relay circuit. The tower front and tower rear are in the connector, I don't remember what else is in there but a call to Malibu support will get you the correct location of the wiring harness and the pinout.

I have a post somewhere on this site about the wiring harness that Malibu will sell you to use the switches in the dash system, but here's the short version: the pin in the connector is the relay trigger negative. Run 12v positive to the relay, connect it to both the trigger and the input leads. Connect the trigger ground to the plug behind the dash. Connect the device you want to power to the 12v positive output of the relay. Ground your device (lights) correctly back to the ground block under the dash.

When you press a button on the dash system the computer will connect the pin in the harness to the ground, this completes the circuit for the relay trigger and sends 12v positive out the relay output to your device (lights). Don't ground your lights directly to the plug behind the dash as you risk bring out your dash computer.