Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Good source for stretching exercises b4 getting behind the boat?

MalibuNation

MalibuNation

Any good sources that shows stretching exercise to be done b4 skiing?

My main skiing partner trashed himself wakeboarding Saturday and I pulled/stretched/tore a calf muscle Saturday after skiing playing volleyball. Turned the big 50 this year. Thanks.

Any good sources that shows stretching exercise to be done b4 skiing?

My main skiing partner trashed himself wakeboarding Saturday and I pulled/stretched/tore a calf muscle Saturday after skiing playing volleyball. Turned the big 50 this year. Thanks.

Streching before exercise isn't really recommended.

Look for "Movement Prep" exercises (warm up routines)

One of the better books I have read is Core Performance by Mark Verstegen

Athletes Performance

I can recommend Core Performance, too. I had chronic back and shoulder problems from skiing several years ago. Since picking up this book, I've had none. Great flexibility routines for increased range of motion without injury.

If I'm to take your post literally, I would like to point out first that most of the injuries posted on this site on non-muscular related and are cartlidge and bone. It's a good idea to be healthy and to stretch before doing any exercise, I agree with that.