Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Vinyl Matching Help

All, 

I'm getting a bunch of vinyl replaced and my upholstery guy is having a hard time matching the vinyl. I spoke with Malibu and they gave me the 4 colors that my boat was ordered with and I called Spradling but they need more info on the type of vinyl not just the color.....obviously.

I was told the 4 colors i have are:

White

Regal

Moonbeam

Charcoal

Can anyone help? I think we can get 99% matches on the charcoal and white but the regal and moonbeam we're struggling with most.

Thanks! 

IMG_0080_3_JPG.jpg

Edited by Tags
Just now, formulaben said:

Seat top to bottom:

White

Moonbeam

Charcoal

Regal

Thanks. Any idea on the type of Spradling Vinyl or even the finish on the Moonbeam?

Just now, formulaben said:

No clue.  You've gone to the site and looked at the patterns, yes?  You might find something you really like over the original.

https://spradlingvinyl.com/catalog-patterns/market/marine-interior/color/grey-silver/

yah. I've spent a good few hours on the website trying to match. 

The problem is that the previous owner replaced 50% of the interior a few of years ago so half of the vinyl is great and doesn't need touching.

spent some more time on the phone with Malibu and got some additional information.......might be useful to others in the future given how many boats have the white and moonbeam

Note: Original Regal Red is NLA…Indy Red is the closest Replacement available.

On the White and Moonbeam you have two different textures that could have been used (Smooth & M-Grain Texture). They will have to look at the vinyl to determine texture.

Accent 1 Regal:

24052-L25-INR-00   Vinyl, Axis Accent/Monticello 29HL, Indy Red, 1/4" Foam, Remay

Base White:

005460-01  Vinyl, 1/4" Remay, Omega, Gel White, Permaguard  (Smooth Texture)

005466-01  Vinyl, 1/4" Remay, M-Grain, Gel White, Permaguard (M-Grain Texture)

Main Moonbeam:

005462-01  Vinyl, 1/4" Remay, Omega, Moonbeam, Permaguard (Smooth Texture)

005468-01  Vinyl, 1/4" Remay, M-Grain, Moonbeam, Permaguard

Bead Charcoal:

54901-CHL Welt Cord 5/8 Charcoal

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

Tags,

Sorry to dig up an old post but did you every get the vinyl?

I have the same colour in my 2007 Response that I need recovered.

Mainly the "005460-01  Vinyl, 1/4" Remay, Omega, Gel White, Permaguard  (Smooth Texture)" and Moonbeam "005468-01  Vinyl, 1/4" Remay, M-Grain, Moonbeam, Permaguard (M-Grain Texture)

Crack

• 1 year later...

DOLCE OUTDOOR Capelin DMQ-6808  seems like a candidate.  Tags, which vinyls did you end up using?  I have the same colors, and i"m going to have my interior replaced next week.  Thanks!

For what its worth, the Vinyl you listed (Remay, Omega, etc.) doesn't appear in Spradling's catalog as of Jan 2019.  They don't make this easy.

Edited by exlonghorn
On 2/3/2019 at 7:36 PM, exlonghorn said:

DOLCE OUTDOOR Capelin DMQ-6808  seems like a candidate.  Tags, which vinyls did you end up using?  I have the same colors, and i"m going to have my interior replaced next week.  Thanks!

For what its worth, the Vinyl you listed (Remay, Omega, etc.) doesn't appear in Spradling's catalog as of Jan 2019.  They don't make this easy.

Nothing Malibu uses is a match to catalog because they tweek each color to make them proprietary , this was straight from mouth of marine division OEM responsible Spradling employee just last week when asked