Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Voyage (2014), Video By JaoPro, Presented by Malibu/Axis

Ronnie

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this when it came out at the Bijou Theatre with a bunch industry people. They had a nice bluegrass band at the beginning. They used the same music in the movie.

• 4 weeks later...

So I was at the gas station a couple of weeks ago in my little home town of St. George Utah...and guess what pulls into the pump next to me?  I decided to strike up a conversation, and asked if he bought from the closest Axis dealer, and he explains how he bought it from Tennessee and how it was barely used except for while it was being used during the filming of a movie.  

I had actually talked to @Chattwake about the boat, and really wanted to buy it, but couldn't get my boat to sell, and wasn't willing to own 2 boats at once.  Pretty unusual that he actually sold it to a different guy in my same town.  

Here is what one of the boats from the movie looks like today in the Southwest desert of Southern Utah:  

20170520_094115_zpsktxkzfvq.jpg

• Like 4
9 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

So I was at the gas station a couple of weeks ago in my little home town of St. George Utah...and guess what pulls into the pump next to me?  I decided to strike up a conversation, and asked if he bought from the closest Axis dealer, and he explains how he bought it from Tennessee and how it was barely used except for while it was being used during the filming of a movie.  

I had actually talked to @Chattwake about the boat, and really wanted to buy it, but couldn't get my boat to sell, and wasn't willing to own 2 boats at once.  Pretty unusual that he actually sold it to a different guy in my same town.  

Here is what one of the boats from the movie looks like today in the Southwest desert of Southern Utah:  

20170520_094115_zpsktxkzfvq.jpg

Tall, Don't you own a G23?

14 hours ago, Fman said:

Tall, Don't you own a G23?

Yes.  2 years ago when this boat was for sale, I was pretty solid in the market for an Axis.  Then I got into a boat partnership with the G23.  If that fails, then I will be back in the market for 'best boat for 65k'.  

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This really is a well done movie with some great philosophical messages.  My 9 y.o. son has become fascinated with it and wants to do "the voyage" one day.  I spent a lot of time on the Tenn-Tom when I was younger.  It was a wakeboarding mecca of sorts.  It would be a great adventure to make this trip - I might just have to make it happen some day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 11:06 AM, dtb said:

This really is a well done movie with some great philosophical messages.  My 9 y.o. son has become fascinated with it and wants to do "the voyage" one day.  I spent a lot of time on the Tenn-Tom when I was younger.  It was a wakeboarding mecca of sorts.  It would be a great adventure to make this trip - I might just have to make it happen some day.

That would be an amazing bonding experience with you son.  Its something you would both likely hold sacred and reminisce over for he rest of your lives.  If my daughters were into it, I’d find a way to make it happen.  Do it!  And then come back and tell us all about it.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing this. I really enjoyed the film and the message. Couldn’t get the wife and daughter off their phones long enough to watch it with me...:lol:

I would love to plan this with a few others so we had a few boats running together.  I've plotted a few different trips on the river systems.  LMK if we have a few that would like to do this.