Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 first day EPIC FAIL

potterm

1 hour ago, bamaboy said:

i wish @NorrisMike was here to Photoshop a picture of a unicorn taking a dump in a G23.  Ahhhhh....The memories

I think Chatt can get you a copy of said picture... Its floating around here or WW for sure.

3 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Vibration caused by a water strike, engine codes are of unknown nature.  Spike is good to go after tightening the clamps on his heater himself... and 5 pages of arguing that  Malibu needs to improve QaQc vs. my boat has been great, so there is no issue....

There your all caught up....

One more thing we discovered Nautique is awesome because unicorns crap in the bilge before leaving the factory and that's why the G23 is so magical!

Thanks Darkside. My ADHD and any other attention disorder makes it hard to wade though all of that, I just wanted to know what it was, and it sounds like what I said 7 Pages ago, Looks like you hit something LOl Oh and BTW although my 2015 has not been without issues they have been relatively minor and has not let me down for the last 2 seasons! 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, malibuskier2003 said:

Yup, it's confirmed.  It's April and folks are going nuts waiting to get on the water.  7 pages for a guy that hit something in his new boat.  Wow.

Dave

I confess... This is me.   Mine sprays Monday, and Ill just go ahead and say that I will be willing to clean up some clipped zip ties if I can get the boat a little earlier.   Ill pass on major mechanical issues tho... 

• Like 3
22 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Well, they weren't exactly the best in the past, lol.

They sound pretty good now but if he is like me he wants better!

I don't like the stereo integrated into the 7" touch screen.  Give me an old school EQ and adjustable amps.  After installing my stereo I know exactly what was done and have nobody to blame but myself if I ever have an issue in the future.  Exile also has treated me tremendously well both in service and performance, the Surf 9s are no joke they are the real deal.  It also is just a fun challenging project installing with a rewarding feeling once you fire that system and hear some tunes.:)

• Like 3
WAwinegrapes
8 minutes ago, JeffC said:

I confess... This is me.   Mine sprays Monday, and Ill just go ahead and say that I will be willing to clean up some clipped zip ties if I can get the boat a little earlier.   Ill pass on major mechanical issues tho... 

Does Malibu give you that option?

25 minutes ago, WAwinegrapes said:

Does Malibu give you that option?

I would sign up for it :biggrin:    I am so OCD that I will crawl through every inch of the boat anyway.   I already have a checklist.   My family thinks I am completely and entirely nuts, because EVERYTHING is a checklist, a spreadsheet, or a project plan.     I am a project manager by trade tho...

WAwinegrapes
42 minutes ago, JeffC said:

I would sign up for it :biggrin:    I am so OCD that I will crawl through every inch of the boat anyway.   I already have a checklist.   My family thinks I am completely and entirely nuts, because EVERYTHING is a checklist, a spreadsheet, or a project plan.     I am a project manager by trade tho...

ANd there is nothing wrong with that.  PPPPP: Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance.  We project managers, engineers, business owners need to be organized and prepared for the unlikely, acts of God, and dealing with those less prepared.  I can not remember how many folks I have towed back to the marina!

4 hours ago, JeffC said:

JeffC, what colors did you go with?

1 hour ago, Chattwake said:

JeffC, what colors did you go with?

Midnight Blue, Machine Silver Metallic, and White.  Was going for a classic look, with a LITTLE bit of bling.   I plan to keep it for a LONG time, so went pretty conservative.   

I swear time is slowing down. The weather outside is spectacular, I would definitely be on the water by now had I not traded my old boat...  I have a feeling that the break-in 10 hours is going to be an eternity too - give me lots of time to find all the initial defects...

22 VLX FINAL stern.png

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Chattwake said:

JeffC that is going to look awesome!

DTB-  I went all hull and deck panels, surfgate and platform pearl white metallic, white bottom hull, white G3.5, white tower speakers, white tricked out trailer with white rock stars.  Interior is white, gray, charcoal and black mix with tan seadeck floor.

Oh man, talk about a scheme that the boat builder pictures cannot possibly do justice to... That is going to be a stunning boat!  Cant wait to see pictures of that...

On 4/10/2017 at 2:52 PM, Sixer said:

Anybody ever take delivery of a new F-150 to find a bunch of nuts and bolts under the floor mats?  I agree that mistakes happen, but the high frequency that you hear about it in Malibu's is disturbing.  Especially in a boat like the M.......I'd be ticked.  I have heard that my local dealer asked Malibu to improve on the QA, because it's taking them too much manpower to fix every boat they sell as they come onto their lot.  Especially in custom order boats, they basically become a quick middle man, yet have to do a bunch of cleanup to make the boat presentable after it arrives from the factory.  Good luck to the OP's and others with QA issues........not fun.

There are no nuts and bolts in a new F150, it's made of beer cans remember!!