Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

[Solved] 2017 A22 amp remote power on wire?

vdefender

I can't figure out which wire coming from the factory stereo box (the black box that says part# MBB viper400) is the one to use for turning on my amps. I ordered just the base SP1 system so that I could build my own out. The only wire that sort of makes sense is this white/blue one in the same plug that the original speaker wires were going out of (which I've cut off). But I sort of followed it back to the engine. My guess is that is the speed detection wire for the speed volume? I wish there was a wiring manual for this unit ?

Update. I made an educated guess and cut into a wire to solve this. See answer below.

Solution: 

It's the dark blue wire coming out of the MBB Viper400 unit to the 12 pin connector. 

Edited by vdefender
  • 1 month later...

Did you wire your speed volume direct to battery or distribution block for power and ground or leave it tied to the factory harness?

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have no idea how the speed volume works? I am still using the factory HU and that has the speed volume built int. I wish I knew how it worked but as of now I don't know what wire it is, or how it works, or how the speed volume setting is in the speed control unit up on the dash and makes the radio HU change volume. The other question I still don't know is how the wrist remote control sends the volume up down signal to the HU. 

Eventually I want to get rid of the factory HU all together, because lets be honest, it's a really slow POS with minimal controls and tuning ability.