Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 Response LX Transmission Cooler

Hello,

This is my first post on these forums. I read quite a bit and I want to thank everyone for all of your wonderful contributions. It has made working on my boat so much easier!

I have a 2000 Response LX with the 325 Monsoon engine.

I was doing some last minute maintenance on my boat before taking it out for the first time after winter. I noticed a small leak and thought it was a loose hose clamp. So I tightened the clamp more, only to see the leak get worse. I took the hose off and realized I had over-tightened and crushed the inlet the the transmission cooler! (at least, I believe this is the transmission cooler?) I have attached a pic below of the piece.

I tried to bend it back into shape but it is a bit far gone and the metal ended up splitting a bit. I wrapped a bunch of plumber's thread tape around it to help bandage it so I could check for other leaks. It got it down to a very slight drip that would make it usable but I'd rather not worry about having it start spraying like crazy when I'm out on the water or burn up the transmission.

I need to find a replacement but I am having some issues. What exactly is that piece called? What are the measurements or how do I take the measurements? Any suggestions on places online that might carry these? We have no dealerships in our area or anywhere even close.

I tried to take a few measurements. The length is about 5 inches (not including the parts where the inlet/outlet hoses attach). The ID of the hose coming from the water pump is 1-1/4 inch. I'm not sure how to measure the rest.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you kindly!

3IVRrkabRkQs.jpg

Edited by bcfehrman
added content on what else I've done to fix it
19 hours ago, bcfehrman said:

Nlouthan, thank you!! That looks like exactly what I need. Will slap some paint on it and should be good to go.

you will probably need the new fittings that go between the trans cooler and the transmission lines