Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

iRide Stereo Build

Tags

I need to start this post off by pointing out that I am a complete newbie when it comes to stereo builds. This was my first attempt at a build and it wouldn't have happened without the knowledge shared on TMC. I have to give special thanks to @Stevo for his advice on the build and especially the install help. I learned a heck of a lot.

This was a "build on somewhat of a budget" as we're looking to sell and upgrade the boat in the next 6 or so months. The boat only had a Sony head-unit and 2 6" speakers until now. I couldn't take another summer with horrible sound. That being said here are the ingredients of the new build.....

Pioneer 2000w 5 channel Amp

Pioneer 1200w 4 channel Amp

4 Titan Alpha II Tower Cans with MB Quart 6x9s

4 Infinity 6" In-Boats

Exile Xi 12" Sub

12" Q-Bomb Sub Enclosure

Clarion EQS746 with crossover

Plus a bunch of cables, wires, distribution blocks and materials for the amp rack etc... In addition to this i had just had a Blue Sea Systems Battery Switch/ Charging Relay and second battery added.

The goal, obviously, was to get decent sound but to also maintain as much storage space as possible in the front ski locker (storage is limited in a DD), as much leg room in the drivers side footwell as possible and keep the budget to around $1750 total. 

A couple of install pics.... i had planned to take more but was to easily distracted with the build itself.

footwell empty.jpg

locker empty.jpg

IMG_0041_JPG.jpg

IMG_0076 2.JPG

IMG_0081 2.JPG

IMG_0088 2.JPG

Total build came in around $1850 and barring some tuning the sound, in my limited experience, is pretty good. Now that the boat is equipped with everything it needs its time to sell it, of course.

Edited by Tags
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice build and boat. I just purchased an 05 iride and I'm in the process of adding a stereo system as my boat somehow left the factory 12 years ago without one, not even a headunit.  I'll be a adding a Kenwood Bluetooth media receiver and wired remote, 4 fosgate 6.5" in boat speakers, 12" fosgate sub and a pair of roswell 6.5"/5.25" combo tower speakers all powered by a wetsounds htx-6 amp for in boat and tower speakers and a wetsounds htx-1 for the sub

I just did a similar build last year on my 06 Vride...hardest part for me was mounting that amp board...put mine in same place you did.  You learn to be quite the contortionist...lol.

17 hours ago, DUKENO1 said:

I just did a similar build last year on my 06 Vride...hardest part for me was mounting that amp board...put mine in same place you did.  You learn to be quite the contortionist...lol.

oh yes......i am 6ft2 and @Stevo is 6ft3. I thought for sure at one point that I was going to have to cut the boat up to get him out of that ski locker

• Like 4
21 hours ago, Tags said:

oh yes......i am 6ft2 and @Stevo is 6ft3. I thought for sure at one point that I was going to have to cut the boat up to get him out of that ski locker

HAHAHAHA!  Lots of politically incorrect  words were heard coming from mine....and I am only 6ft tall.