Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Officially becoming a member today..

Lees23

8 minutes ago, Lees23 said:

I am headed to pick up my 2017 22 VLX this morning.  This is my 4th boat purchase and I couldn't be more excited.  My previous boats were a 2006 Crownline 202 BR(incredible first boat), 2008 Chaparral Sunesta 224 and 2014 MasterCraft X2.  

Welcome to the TMC!  There is a great group of people on this site, a lot of great info, overall one of the best boating sites on the web.

Congrats on the 22VLX and remember to post some pics later!

TK

Thanks for the like @IXFE.  I don't know if you remember but my arrogance and ignorance led to us having a bit of a tiff here in my first thread on the TMC.  

That thread ultimately made me go with the 22 over the 21.  Thanks for your contributions here and sorry again. 

On 4/8/2017 at 8:28 AM, Lees23 said:

Thanks for the like @IXFE.  I don't know if you remember but my arrogance and ignorance led to us having a bit of a tiff here in my first thread on the TMC.  

That thread ultimately made me go with the 22 over the 21.  Thanks for your contributions here and sorry again. 

Haha... I honestly don't remember that. And please don't link it. I'd probably read and roll my eyes at myself. I can be a handful sometimes. 

Excited for you and your new boat. Can't wait to see pics. 

5 hours ago, IXFE said:

Haha... I honestly don't remember that. And please don't link it. I'd probably read and roll my eyes at myself. I can be a handful sometimes. 

Excited for you and your new boat. Can't wait to see pics. 

It wasn't a big deal at all!  

I wish there was a was a photo uploaded on this site.  Messing with photobucket it annoying. 

Thank you.  

On 4/8/2017 at 6:24 AM, Lees23 said:

I am headed to pick up my 2017 22 VLX this morning.  This is my 4th boat purchase and I couldn't be more excited.  My previous boats were a 2006 Crownline 202 BR(incredible first boat), 2008 Chaparral Sunesta 224 and 2014 MasterCraft X2.  

So envious... still waiting for mine, but it is getting CLOSE... Spray date is one week from today.   I too am a former Crownline owner, what a fantastic first boat it was.   If I still had it in my possession, it would have been out this weekend, weather was spectacular.   Hope you managed to get it wet over the weekend!

This thread really needs pictures!  :cheers:

I'll get pics up tonight.. I will say that I was not a huge fan of the colors when I saw it on the dealer website.  I was looking at two boats  at different dealers.. one was blue and silver flake and the red flake and white one(that I bought).  The red and white was better equipped and 6k cheaper.. my wife liked the red one better and I wanted her to have a say.  When I saw it in person I absolutely was blown away.  I couldn't be happier with the way the boat looks.  

We should get some wheel time tomorrow after work.  Won't be super warm but very light winds which is a rarity in Kansas during the spring. 

What is everyone using to clean? I have a yellow bug that will not come off with Boat bling vinyl sauce.  Afraid to use anything more aggressive. How about the tower that turns black if you touch it.  

@hethj7 you are the master of linking useful threads..