Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shower control relocation

Dskog

Looked around for other threads about moving the shower controls. I have a 2016 23lsv with the controls mounted to the wall in the rear locker. I rode in my dealer boat last weekend and with the fly high 750's made for his boat the bag is really rubbing the control knob. Don't know if the WM bags fit any different but don't like that and don't want to have to buy a new knob down the road. Gunna use 550's for now but will be ordering 750's soon. If anyone has input, pics or a link to a thread I couldn't find I'd appreciate it 

Edited by Dskog

I can't help here on control relocation , but the factory has to stop putting the handle on top deck. 

Also anyone notice this thing look like it came from the dildonics factory.... just saying.

There are a few threads on moving the shower controls, I'll have to look for them and provide links. My boat is going to the shop next week to have the hole in the gunnel patched so I can move everything to the tray under the seat on the swim platform. Here's a quick note: the plumbing for the shower is a mess with too many adapters put in. The shower is labeled Whale, and they have a US address, but every fitting is BSP. Malibu cross threaded the feed lines for the water sources (plastic in to metal) so they were sucking air and the pump was installed upside down so it was sucking air too.

I found adapters on Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AXYBB6E

I'm replacing the Whale pump with a Johnson impeller pump to get decent pressure. Your best bet on the shower is to relocate it and redo the plumbing while you're at it. Watch out for the mess on the back of the mixer valve, it's fragile and there are too many adapters stacked there so it's possible to break a fitting (I did) as well as the output adapters pinch off the two supply lines restricting flow. Once you look at the plumbing you'll wonder what was going on in the factory.

Take the mixer valve assembly out of the mount in the locker to look at what you need to do, it's a fairly simple process to move the controls, supply lines, and power lead. I used the existing supply hoses with the adapters linked above to connect the supply to the mixer and found another BSP hose at a local plumbing shop (in the random parts bin) to connect the mixer output to the pump, then the shower handle (that @Stevo likes so much) connects to the output side of the pump. The shower handle is NPT so it connected directly to the new pump I got. I need to have my dealer get me some carpet so I can cover the hole in the rear locker where I took the control/mixer valve from.

• Like 2