Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for a replacement canvas cover

thealy

I have a great Evolution Cover that I use on my 2005 Response LXI when trailering, however for simplicity I have use my original canvas Malibu cover for when my boat is on the lift (which does have canopy).  However after 10+ years, my canvas cover has worn out.  I could use my evolution cover however there are a few benefits to the canvas cover including it covers the ski platform, covers well below the rub rail, and is also extremely easy to put on.  Does anyone know where I could get a cheep canvas replacement?  Or does anyone have one laying around that I could purchase?  Any other ideas or suggestions?

Taylor Made covers are around 200 bucks and a lightweight material.

Carver has some options that are a couple bucks more that are a physically heavier material.

Both are 'semi-custom' fit and cover the platform even if you order them not to. They probably won''t fit like the factory cover you have. I strap mine down to the trailer so it may be a challenge to use on a hoist--especially at the rear. The cover wraps over the platform and the straps pull forward to the back of the trailer. I ended up ordering both for my boat when I bought it 7 years ago and kept the Carver thinking it would last longer. Under a canopy the Taylor Made would be easier to use due to the lighter weight. The Taylor Made windshield pocket fit my boat better as the Carver's is a bit further forward. Would likely fit well on an older Nautique. Still using mine outdoors and not under canopy and I'll probably have to finally replace it next spring.

21 hours ago, thealy said:

when my boat is on the lift (which does have canopy).   Does anyone know where I could get a cheep canvas replacement? 

@thealy Here's what I use under the lift canopy.  Easy on and easy off and light.  Instead of straps I put a couple bungee cords on each side to clip to the boat lift.  It keeps the pollen, leaves, and sideways rain out of the boat.  It even covers the folded down tower and swim platform on my 21.  At $110 delivered if it lasts 2 years I'm golden.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016L45TXG/