Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

24 MXZ owners?

daddyrabbit

Long time lurker, 1st time poster.  i'm interested in the new 2017 24MXZ, and can find the standard websites that are mostly magazine praises.  Anybody here have anything to report on these boats, both good and bad?

I did a search for 24 MXZ in the forum search engine and nothing pops up.  

thanks in advance,

Daddyrabbit

I find the best way to search here is use google. Type in Malibu crew then what you want to search for and google does a better job combing the site.  I know wave pics are on here and they are pretty impressive.  

Here is a start   

I am considering buying a 2017 24 MXZ.  We demoed one a few weeks ago, and it was awesome.  We were also demoing a 2017 G23.  We felt the surf wave was superior on the 24 MXZ, and the wakeboard wake was incredible.  I felt like both boats had a huge wakeboard wake, but I liked the shape of the MXZ wake better, it was easier for me to ride it big.  There were  pros and cons with respect to many other features of the two boats, but it came down to we had more fun behind the MXZ than the G23.

1 minute ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Daddy,

If you're "surfcentric", there's no sense in considering anything but the Centurion Ri series.  A dealer and 3 Ri owners are active here and it is "hands down" the "baddest surf boat on the market today", tubes great, the interior is easily cleanable, uses weatherpack connections, and overall, it just "wins".  Nonetheless, if you lack taste, are a brand loyalist, don't want to be ahead of the curve, and are still interested in sub-standard sales leader Malibu, just know that it uses vinyl that is hard to clean.  Surfgate is so 2013.  It makes the handling intolerable.  You should list a 10000# boat to experience decent low speed handling.  Furthermore, to "win" these days the boat has to draft 5 feet, under no circumstances should be propped or powered to exceed 32 miles per hour, must surf at rpms that exceed 4000, must require a heavy duty truck to tow, and must have 4 variables for wave set up.  Simplicity is so overrated.  Wakeboard wakes are now preferred to be steep and washy with an impenetrable lip as every trick will soon be tantrum-based.

If you STILL want to consider a 24 MXZ, may I suggest you message "NAW" who has some sweet pictures and even compares the new 24 MXZto a 2016 25 LSV.  But don't get one as you'll risk the scorn of the membership here and you'll be back to lurking.  Get an Ri and fit in.  

You just know that there will be members that don't see your tongue firmly planted in your cheek here don't you... :(

• Like 2
Just now, Ronnie said:

You just know that there will be members that don't see your tongue firmly planted in your cheek here don't you... :(

That's impossible.  Anyone who has been around recently knows everything I said was was 100% accurate.  

Just now, Ronnie said:

Yeah but... We get new members every day that have no idea what your history is. 

Of unmatchable wit and information?  They'll learn.  :rofl:

With the launch of the Ri though, TMC won't have to worry about new members they'll all join the Centurion Crew...O wait.

So, the tongue and cheek thing...i got it the first time. I joined the C forum as well, and really enjoy both.  

We are not surfcentric, nor are we wakeboard-centric.  We have a large family and use our boat like an all-purpose pontoon (gasp! he'll never fit in here!).   Some of our crew surf, some board, some just sun bathe and talk endlessly.  Me?  I just drive and enjoy the happy times.  I don't need the absolute best at any one thing, but I sure am looking for the absolute best all ' rounder.   

• Like 2

Daddy,

The 24MXZ would be an EXCELLENT boat for what you are describing.   I have had 2 of them, both 1st gen,  and the bow space is phenomenal for those who like to sunbathe or it allows a second separate area, kids/adults, etc.  It really works well for that.   

8 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

That's impossible.  Anyone who has been around recently knows everything I said was was 100% accurate.  

I'm going to stick up for Malibu since this is a MALIBU forum.  I have not been on a 2017 24MXZ or any Ri's.  BUT, the whole not being able to clean the new Malibu vinyl is complete BS.  Multiple people have called you out on this on another discussion.

With that said, I have been on a 2017 22MXZ.  I surfed and wakeboarded it and it was unreal.  The wakeboard wake was so big with the PnP's full and a full crew we had to drain some.  The wake was very lippy but we then adjusted the wedge and it was great.  It was scary to hit toeside or switch heel, but I landed my second ever toe 540 behind it.  The surf wave behind it is also incredible.  I can only imagine the 24MXZ surf wave is even better.

With that being said, from what everyone has said and what I've seen, the Ri series is top notch surf wave.

Last thing.... get out and demo all of the boats you're interested in.  That's the only way you'll know what YOU want.  If it's cold where you live, it'd be worth it to fly down to Florida or somewhere warm and set up demos to see what you want.  It's not unheard of at all.  Tommy's offered to take us down to their FL location to demo a few boats but we declined and went with our gut.

Go 'Bu! :yahoo:

Edited by Suggy
14 minutes ago, Suggy said:
9 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

14 minutes ago, Suggy said:

Edited by Ndawg12
2 hours ago, daddyrabbit said:

I don't need the absolute best at any one thing, but I sure am looking for the absolute best all ' rounder.   

Did I hear you say you need a 2013-2015 VTX?  :thumbup:

• Like 3

My story:

I've owned two Malibus, but no other brand of dedicated wake boat.  I currently ride a 25 LSV, which is a phenomenal boat.  We've had a few issues, but Malibu corporate and my dealer have stepped up to the plate, and they are currently being resolved.  In fact, there is a strong possibility that all this searching is for naught, because the 25LSV is so freaking good at everything.   But, because of the issues it took me to a place of searching again.  First world problems, right? 

I've taken the Supra SE 450 out (twice), the SAN g25 for a couple of hours, and I've taken the 24MXZ out twice.   The Ri257 won't fit, and i don't really need that monster, so i've passed on that fantastic boat (it gets major points for very high cool factor, and looks to be solid as a rock).   I know exactly what i like and don't like about each of these boats.  Once this decision is made, i will do a full write up on each of these for your consumption.  

I was searching here because user feedback helps overcome being giddy about bright and shiny new things.   So, i was hoping for more feedback from those who own the 17 MXZ series.  Thanks, Dark, and others, for the input.  Good information in equals good decisions out.  

DR

ahopkins22LSV
11 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

If you do not need the extra room of the 24 I highly suggest taking a look at the 22.

Both boats throw a great wave.

Agreed. I was highly impressed with the stock surf wave with minimal to no tweaking of the 22. The boarders I pulled during the demo were also very impressed. 

I haven't been on the water with the 24 yet, but have heard great things. The space is amazing though too.

11 hours ago, Suggy said:

I'm going to stick up for Malibu since this is a MALIBU forum.  I have not been on a 2017 24MXZ or any Ri's.  BUT, the whole not being able to clean the new Malibu vinyl is complete BS.  Multiple people have called you out on this on another discussion.

uh, multiple people have called ME out?!!  What are you talking about?  I own a 2017.

51 minutes ago, daddyrabbit said:

My story:

I've owned two Malibus, but no other brand of dedicated wake boat.  I currently ride a 25 LSV, which is a phenomenal boat.  We've had a few issues, but Malibu corporate and my dealer have stepped up to the plate, and they are currently being resolved.  In fact, there is a strong possibility that all this searching is for naught, because the 25LSV is so freaking good at everything.   But, because of the issues it took me to a place of searching again.  First world problems, right? 

I've taken the Supra SE 450 out (twice), the SAN g25 for a couple of hours, and I've taken the 24MXZ out twice.   The Ri257 won't fit, and i don't really need that monster, so i've passed on that fantastic boat (it gets major points for very high cool factor, and looks to be solid as a rock).   I know exactly what i like and don't like about each of these boats.  Once this decision is made, i will do a full write up on each of these for your consumption.  

I was searching here because user feedback helps overcome being giddy about bright and shiny new things.   So, i was hoping for more feedback from those who own the 17 MXZ series.  Thanks, Dark, and others, for the input.  Good information in equals good decisions out.  

DR

Daddy I saw the 24 MXZ for the first time a few weeks ago.  Could be in one this weekend.  I'll report back.  IF looks are any indication, its sick.  I'm talking bird flu sick.