Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

March Truck Sales Numbers

RyanB

What is most amazing to me is the performance of the titan (both versions).  that is absolutely amazing.  They sell more frontiers, designed in what, 2000, than they do titans.  That's crazy.

@oldjeep I am not sure what something needs to qualify as a truck.  But I do think that vehicle makes more sense for the average consumer to buy than a HD diesel truck.  If you just want something to use as a commuter with the weekend trip to Home Depot, it would likely be a very good option.

3 hours ago, RyanB said:

@oldjeep I am not sure what something needs to qualify as a truck.  But I do think that vehicle makes more sense for the average consumer to buy than a HD diesel truck.  If you just want something to use as a commuter with the weekend trip to Home Depot, it would likely be a very good option.

A frame

• Like 2

Call me crazy (I mean I've advocated many times for the utility of a minivan) but if I were in the market for a canyon/tacoma/frontier, the new ridgeline would definitely get a look.  It's not going to win any offroad hillclimbs or towing contests, but it's going to be fine for buying a big TV from costco, taking a lawnmower in for service, or getting bicycles to the trailhead, and it's going to be a well mannered and civilized road vehicle.

As a daily, it'd be a lot more pleasant than a lifted 3/4 ton diesel with AT tires.  LOL my daily commute reminds me that almost anything would be more pleasant than that...

• Like 3

I'm with this guy ^^

Only thing I need 4wd for is boat ramps and snow drifties. Truth be told if the latest Audi RS6 avant was available in the US with enough tow rating it would be my ideal vehicle at this moment.

The Ridgeline has enough of a box and the trunk underneath makes it a great candidate for daily use and occasional tow/haul for a lot of users.

1 hour ago, Falko said:

My grandfather had the VW El Camino. Wasn't nearly as cool...

Wouldnt have made the best seller list either.

Before I met my wife she had the Dodge Rampage version. Keeps asking me to find her another. Somehow I never can :whistle:

Once the kids are gone I may break down and do a MkIV Golf or Jetta for her with the Smyth conversion. 

Or just buy her a Ridgeline...