Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rattley swim platform A22

Just got a 2015 A22. Great boat. Couple of oddities though. When loaded the platform will rattle at times. Seems like it just moves on the top pins holding the platform on. Moves around a fair bit, but doesn't hit the transom. Anyone else have this issue. Is there an easy fix?

I don't understand what you mean by "rattle when loaded" or "moves on the top pins."  I have a 15 A22 and platform seats into bracket with lower points and then you push the pin through the top.  I have very little movement in my platform.  I have never noticed a rattle.  I do use the platform to enter the boat when on trailer but I don't bounce up and down trying to get it to rattle.

My 2012 platform drops into the bracket then you lift it up to put pins in.  I put a bit of silicone on the bracket so when I lift its a sandwich of transom bracket - silicone - platform bracket.  The silicone creates a little more pressure to keep platform from moving.  I belive the cause of the movement is the pin holes in the bracket get sloppy over time. 

Thanks guys. Yeah. Mine seems to have some slop around the top pins. Normally it is fine just with gravity but when the ballast is loaded it rattles when partially floating. It's pretty loud. I don't have a surf pipe and you can hear it easily over the exhaust. I'll try your silicone trick vanamp and report back. Thanks for the tip. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:42 PM, Kapieyow said:

Thanks guys. Yeah. Mine seems to have some slop around the top pins. Normally it is fine just with gravity but when the ballast is loaded it rattles when partially floating. It's pretty loud. I don't have a surf pipe and you can hear it easily over the exhaust. I'll try your silicone trick vanamp and report back. Thanks for the tip. 

likely its not the platform but the access hatch for the wedge.. mine did it really bad.

Idk if the bolts have been changed but on my '14 A22 I caught the top bolt twisting and pulling itself out.  Almost lost one of them.  I started checking them each time we went out.  Mine also had some play in it when loaded with ballast.  You could hear it when waves would roll by while sitting. 

54 minutes ago, ID AX said:

Idk if the bolts have been changed but on my '14 A22 I caught the top bolt twisting and pulling itself out.  Almost lost one of them.  I started checking them each time we went out.  Mine also had some play in it when loaded with ballast.  You could hear it when waves would roll by while sitting. 

They now have the pins with a metal cable and ring so you can't lose them any more for the 14's

Edited by granddaddy55

Mine was doing the same thing..While swimming the platform would float up and down, it was pivoting on the pins.  I drilled another hole so now I have 2 pins on each side.  It eliminated the movement. 

• 1 month later...