Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakemakers Custom Bags for MXZ??

APoko

Has anyone purchased the "custom" WakeMakers PNP bags for 2013-2015 MXZ?  Or any custom fit bags from them for that matter? What was your experience? How do they fit? 

I'm currently running the FlyHigh 750s and they don't fit well and cant fully fill so I'm looking to make a change.   I want the absolute max volume that will fit in the rear lockers. 

I tried contacting Wake Makers a few times through different channels and I'm really at a loss on why they can't or won't provide me any useful info on how these bags are designed.  I have been trying to get info from them on the dimension of the bags and how they fit in the lockers in order to make a decision on weather these are the right bags for my needs and budget. (Compared to various off the shelf bags, Wakemakers LBS bags, or fully customized bags built to my specifications)  

I'm trying to get information to answer questions like what are the general dimensions? How high do they fill the rear lockers?  Do they extend forward at all under the rear seat?  Do they work with the rear storage tubs in place or removed?  There is a step in the floor at the rear of the locker, do the bags go up over that step all the way to the transom or do they stop short? Can the table still be stored in the rear locker? My boat has a (factory option) transom shower and the controls for the shower are mounted in the rear locker will the bag interfere with the shower controls?  I have already made some modification to my ballast plumbing and I would like to assess what additional changes I may require in order to hook up to these bags? 

In general my OCD Engineer personality just wants to know exactly what I will be getting if I decide to order them.  I'm really frustrated that I cant get any kind of sketches or dimensions from them to verify fitment in my actual boat and to make sure I like their design.  

Sorry for the rant...

Untitled.jpg

Hi we went with EIGHT.3 PLUG 'N PLAY TAPERED CTN (700 LBS) from wake makers, they are a real good fit in our 22 MXZ 2013. I know this is the same size as you have but the fill and drain work well, but we modified the fill line with a "Y" connector to a "Y" into the top of the vent connection through the hull, as the problem filling is one of air locking. The double drain connections mean it drains fast, but we also changed the rear hose connecter to a elbow, and pushed the tank connector through 90o as the pipe kinks if you keep it straight. We kept the rear trays in.

Hope this helps.

Paul

15 minutes ago, 04 VLX WINDERMERE UK said:

Hi we went with EIGHT.3 PLUG 'N PLAY TAPERED CTN (700 LBS) from wake makers, they are a real good fit in our 22 MXZ 2013. I know this is the same size as you have but the fill and drain work well, but we modified the fill line with a "Y" connector to a "Y" into the top of the vent connection through the hull, as the problem filling is one of air locking. The double drain connections mean it drains fast, but we also changed the rear hose connecter to a elbow, and pushed the tank connector through 90o as the pipe kinks if you keep it straight. We kept the rear trays in.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Thanks for the reply, yup I've already done a lot of the plumbing mods you've suggested.  I have dual fill and vent ports on my current bags and I am running one port as a fill and the other as a self venting setup.  That is part of the reason I'm trying to verify the details in these new bags. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/3/2017 at 7:36 AM, 04 VLX WINDERMERE UK said:

Hope this helps.

Paul

Does this allow the rear coolers to still be used? Or do these need to be removed with these bags ?