Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lettuce discuss 2017 stock hard tank setups

Lees23

The 22 VLX has had the same ballast capacity since it was introduced in 2015:

- Rear: 250lbs on each side

- Center: 400lbs

- Bow (optional): 350lbs

That's the standard configuration for the traditional bow boats (bigger boats get slightly more capacity in the center location). Only the MXZs are a big departure with their larger rear tanks.

51 minutes ago, skicrave said:

The 22 VLX has had the same ballast capacity since it was introduced in 2015:

- Rear: 250lbs on each side

- Center: 400lbs

- Bow (optional): 350lbs

That's the standard configuration for the traditional bow boats (bigger boats get slightly more capacity in the center location). Only the MXZs are a big departure with their larger rear tanks.

Thank you. I thought I read that they put slightly larger tanks in the 17's.  I guess I was wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

22 MXZ gets 275lb tanks, the 24 MXZ has 380lb tanks. Not a huge difference in capacity, but the new shape allows the capacity of both the bag and tank to be measured, so Plug-and-Play bags actually register on the screen. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We just got our 2018 22 VLX and when I took the factory tour I asked about the hard tank sizes.  When I got back Malibu emailed me these specs for the hard tanks in the 2018 22 VLX

4511337  1  Each  Ballast Tank, Rear Port, 29 Gallon, PnP Fittings Moved, FKSML, '16-  = 241.86lbs

4511338  1  Each  Ballast Tank, Rear Stbd, 25 Gallon, PnP Fittings Moved, FKSML, '16  = 208.50lbs

4511016  1  Each  Ballast Tank, Floor, 1" Inlets, 58 Gallon, w/Sender, KS, '09  = 483.72lbs

4511203  1  Each  Ballast Tank, Bow 1" Inlets, 32 Gallon, w/Sender, FK  = 266.88lbx