Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 Sportster LX oil pressure gauge not working

My oil pressure gauge is not work. All other gauges in the cluster are working properly. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? 

Thanks in advance

iirc you should not use teflon tape sealer on the oil pressure gauge as it interferes w the electrical signal.

i could be wrong here - a search on site may be worthwhile.

my (injected) engine has two senders.  one is a one wire while the other is a two wire.  

i'd be tempted to run sealer / teflon if yours is a two wire unit.  if yours is a one wire unit i'd look at trying w/o teflon tape.

• Like 3

Ok so I replaced the oil pressure sending unit and gauge is still not functional. Anybody have any other ideas. I checked the gauge and it only has one connection. My gauge cluster is medallion instrumentations systems. This particular gauge part number is 6703-00005-01 if anyone knows where I can get a new one. Thanks for the help 

• 6 years later...

Just a few years late to the chat but I am also having issues with my 4 in 1 gauge for my 2000 Wakesetter. The fuel gauge is pointing in the opposite direction of the gauge range. I am looking to replace my gauge of the same part number (6703-00005-01). Did you ever come to a resolution on if the gauge was the issue?

I have not been able to find this exact gauge online but have found these two more recent models on Malibu Parts:

https://www.malibuparts.com/products/dash-4-in-1-gauge-1-3727011

https://www.malibuparts.com/products/dash-4-in-1-gauge-1-3727014

I also contacted their customer service and was told that these two models would not work as "the brains in the system would not be able to read their programming". So they stated that they could special order Part # 6703-00005-01 directly from Medallion for a price of $1,117.

I have also recently discussed this with MN Inboard service department and they stated that the black and white gauges are discontinued and that they could get me the orange lettered gauge for $893 shipped and would work just fine as they are "all the same".

I can accept if I purchased this and the fuel gauge still does not work as that would be my own fault troubleshooting (pretty positive it is the gauge). But not sure what to believe anymore in terms of the different part numbers and I do not want to spend $1k on something that will not work all together.

Edit: I was able to get ahold of Medallion myself directly (https://medallionis.com/contact-us/) and get a price on Part # 6703-00005-01. They quoted $670 plus $20 for shipping and a 4 week lead time. Much better than the price Malibu Parts gave. I did ask about Part #s 6703-00007-01 and 6703-00011-00 but they stated those are proprietary to Malibu and you have to order them directly from a Malibu/dealer.

Edited by JaradMc