Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Fman

Legit surfing video

Cole2001

I actually just watched that last night. The behind the scenes video was also very cool. 

Once it gets a little warmer I'm looking forward to some awesome shots. 

Fman

That was pretty slick how they picked her up in the water driving by in the first scene.  Definitely not the safest way to do it but sure looked cool.

racer808

How are they getting the boards with the big double fins to break loose?  I can't get my Inland surfer to break lose or spin.     

Stevo
13 hours ago, Fman said:

That was pretty slick how they picked her up in the water driving by in the first scene.  Definitely not the safest way to do it but sure looked cool.

You see how that board was almost double the size of what she Normally rides. Ashley Kid can rip,

1 hour ago, racer808 said:

How are they getting the boards with the big double fins to break loose?  I can't get my Inland surfer to break lose or spin.     

Weight transfer and speed. Need to get off you back foot 

Fman

I still cant even do a 360 and stay in the wave!  although I don't have a skim style board, I am sure that would help.   Still riding my old school Ronix Koal Fish....

Cole2001

^^^The koal fish is an awesome board!

Lees23

P5 hammerhead with a 2" fun.  Super easy to ride and breaks loose on command. 

racer808

I'm thinking about picking up that Slingshot Butterbar but I know nothing about it so sort of leaning towards the Inland Tako.  But the slingshot you can change fins with no tools so that's quite the selling point.

racer808
39 minutes ago, Fman said:

I still cant even do a 360 and stay in the wave!  although I don't have a skim style board, I am sure that would help.   Still riding my old school Ronix Koal Fish....

I can spin good on our Byerly volt but after getting the Inland it feels like a hunk of a wood below my feet.  Want to step up the skim board level.

wheelman

It's all because of the boat they are riding behind;)

DarkSide
6 hours ago, Fman said:

Fman, you seriously need a board upgrade!    

RyanB

Greatest lake on the planet, I could watch videos of Powell all day long!

Shastasurf

✌?✋?egit ✌?quit!

Fman
5 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Fman, you seriously need a board upgrade!    

No kidding... I keep spending all my $ on my son's wakeboards!!! kids growing like a weed.... I need a bro deal on a surfer :)

jtryon

sick video, thanks for sharing.

Fffrank
21 hours ago, Fman said:

FWIW I have better luck doing 360s on my friends Walker K3 than I do on any of my skim boards.  The quad fin surf-style setups are a little trickier to break loose, but have waaaay more PUSH once you get them around.  It's not logical, but it's true.

DarkSide
18 hours ago, Fman said:

No kidding... I keep spending all my $ on my son's wakeboards!!! kids growing like a weed.... I need a bro deal on a surfer :)

I have a buddy looking to sell his 4' 8" soulcraft ... great board in excellent shape. 

martinarcher

There ya go!  Which one is it?  I love mine!

Fman
5 hours ago, DarkSide said:

I have a buddy looking to sell his 4' 8" soulcraft ... great board in excellent shape. 

Shoot me a PM with the details

racer808

If man fman doesn't take that soulcraft shoot me a pm I probably will

Lees23
On 4/3/2017 at 10:02 AM, Fffrank said:

FWIW I have better luck doing 360s on my friends Walker K3 than I do on any of my skim boards.  The quad fin surf-style setups are a little trickier to break loose, but have waaaay more PUSH once you get them around.  It's not logical, but it's true.

My 53"(I think, might be even shorter) Phase 5 Hammerhead is the fastest(push too) board I have ever been on.  Faster than my Ronix Carbon Thruster with 4 fins in it. 

Lees23

Dealer offered up a board so I blindly picked a Phase 5 Diamond.  If it's 1/2 the board my Hammerhead is it will be a welcome addition to the racks.