Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Legit surfing video

Fman

I actually just watched that last night. The behind the scenes video was also very cool. 

Once it gets a little warmer I'm looking forward to some awesome shots. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Fman said:

That was pretty slick how they picked her up in the water driving by in the first scene.  Definitely not the safest way to do it but sure looked cool.

You see how that board was almost double the size of what she Normally rides. Ashley Kid can rip,

1 hour ago, racer808 said:

How are they getting the boards with the big double fins to break loose?  I can't get my Inland surfer to break lose or spin.     

Weight transfer and speed. Need to get off you back foot 

I still cant even do a 360 and stay in the wave!  although I don't have a skim style board, I am sure that would help.   Still riding my old school Ronix Koal Fish....

I'm thinking about picking up that Slingshot Butterbar but I know nothing about it so sort of leaning towards the Inland Tako.  But the slingshot you can change fins with no tools so that's quite the selling point.

39 minutes ago, Fman said:

I still cant even do a 360 and stay in the wave!  although I don't have a skim style board, I am sure that would help.   Still riding my old school Ronix Koal Fish....

I can spin good on our Byerly volt but after getting the Inland it feels like a hunk of a wood below my feet.  Want to step up the skim board level.

6 hours ago, Fman said:

Fman, you seriously need a board upgrade!    

5 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Fman, you seriously need a board upgrade!    

No kidding... I keep spending all my $ on my son's wakeboards!!! kids growing like a weed.... I need a bro deal on a surfer :)

21 hours ago, Fman said:

FWIW I have better luck doing 360s on my friends Walker K3 than I do on any of my skim boards.  The quad fin surf-style setups are a little trickier to break loose, but have waaaay more PUSH once you get them around.  It's not logical, but it's true.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Fman said:

No kidding... I keep spending all my $ on my son's wakeboards!!! kids growing like a weed.... I need a bro deal on a surfer :)

I have a buddy looking to sell his 4' 8" soulcraft ... great board in excellent shape. 

On 4/3/2017 at 10:02 AM, Fffrank said:

FWIW I have better luck doing 360s on my friends Walker K3 than I do on any of my skim boards.  The quad fin surf-style setups are a little trickier to break loose, but have waaaay more PUSH once you get them around.  It's not logical, but it's true.

My 53"(I think, might be even shorter) Phase 5 Hammerhead is the fastest(push too) board I have ever been on.  Faster than my Ronix Carbon Thruster with 4 fins in it. 

Dealer offered up a board so I blindly picked a Phase 5 Diamond.  If it's 1/2 the board my Hammerhead is it will be a welcome addition to the racks.