Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Viper ll vs 2017 Viper ll

KeepingupwiththeJones

Does anyone know a reason why a 2017 viper command center would not work in my 2015? My current viper was damaged when my batteries and cables were stolen along with my stereo equipment. I spoke with the mechanic at my dealership and was told all the connections are the same. They are going to talk to Malibu about it on Monday but I was hoping someone may have done this or have thoughts on it.

The 2017 viper 2 connects to an I/O module and the 2015 does not.  The module and wiring are different in the 2017 compared to 2015 and are not interchangeable.  The 2015 power modules are what actually turn stuff on and off when using the touchscreen.  This is done with an I/O module in 2017.

17 hours ago, hethj7 said:

I don't know this for sure, but assume it would - you would just want the right software version for the 2015.   

This....

On 4/1/2017 at 3:18 PM, KeepingupwiththeJones said:

Does anyone know a reason why a 2017 viper command center would not work in my 2015? My current viper was damaged when my batteries and cables were stolen along with my stereo equipment. I spoke with the mechanic at my dealership and was told all the connections are the same. They are going to talk to Malibu about it on Monday but I was hoping someone may have done this or have thoughts on it.

18 hours ago, csleaver said:

The 2017 viper 2 connects to an I/O module and the 2015 does not.  The module and wiring are different in the 2017 compared to 2015 and are not interchangeable.  The 2015 power modules are what actually turn stuff on and off when using the touchscreen.  This is done with an I/O module in 2017.

The 2017 screen will not work in the 2015. It has different internal hardware that makes it incompatible even if the 2015 software was loaded on it.