Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Something Special About Oil Sending Unit

BusterSaunders

The 10-32 stud might be a bit shorter on the auto store one which means you may have to alter the plug on the wire from the gauge.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, WAwinegrapes said:

go check out your local NAPA store,

I went yesterday but their Ohm's scales were different. I'll keep looking. The one above that @footndale posted from amazon looks right. I'll prob just order that one

WAwinegrapes
6 hours ago, BusterSaunders said:

I went yesterday but their Ohm's scales were different. I'll keep looking. The one above that @footndale posted from amazon looks right. I'll prob just order that one

Each NAPA store is privately owned....The stores who cater to farmers and such are possible more helpful than the stores in the larger towns??  I know my NAPA store can get me anything the next day.  From ag use for tractors and trucks to a new blower for my Typhoon.

• Like 1

Buster, I was told by someone here to use 1999 Chevy Suburban as the model when getting parts such as this.  I did the same and have changed the following: TPS (throttle position sensor), IAC (idle air controller), water temp sensor, knock sensor and oil pressure sender.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, formulaben said:

Buster, I was told by someone here to use 1999 Chevy Suburban as the model when getting parts such as this.  I did the same and have changed the following: TPS (throttle position sensor), IAC (idle air controller), water temp sensor, knock sensor and oil pressure sender.

They all worked ok?  Did they solve whatever issues you had?  I'm guessing idle.

Steve B.

Water temp sensor, TPS and IAC was changed in hopes to fix an issue that was ultimately vapor lock (I added the aux fuel pump.) Knock sensor was changed because of corrosion and oil pressure sender was changed due to failure exactly the same as Buster's.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, formulaben said:

Thanks for the tip @formulaben

19 hours ago, formulaben said:

I also specify the vin K engine.