Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Revolutionary wakesurf ideas and late night pipe dreams

Shastasurf

Anybody else have any groundbreaking ideas?  I'm thinking about a quarter pipe on the swim platform with a tow behind tabletopish spine. Ride up on to the spine  then come back onto the wave using the extra momentum to hit the quarter pipe. Endless jibs, slides, transfers.  Maybe u add foot straps and keep the rope? Wakeskaters would drool, lol.  Doing a wake transfer from on side to other isn't really that cool and there has to be something to revolutionize the sport.  Anyone have any cool ideas?  All ideas, comments and sh*t talking welcome!

Edited by Shastasurf

A large half cylinder shape attached to the underside of the swim platform to help shape the wave for surfing.  Have it on a track so it could be moved to change wave characteristics. 

10 hours ago, Slurpee said:

Give the surfer a racket and the passengers a ping-pong ball gun?  That'd be revolutionary.

Do ping pong ball guns really exist? This could take my indoor trap game to a new level...

Kinda pedestrian compared to some of the other ideas but have a telescoping pole or something to get the rope back to the surfer. We throw the rope back to the surfer and retract the gate before turning around.  Throwing is not always successful depending on thrower and surfer.

Rave watersports should make an inflatable large scoop.. pull it behind the boat behind the surfer . When rider falls he gets scooped up along with his board and can re launch back into the wave! No more turning around to pick up the rider.. 

• Like 3

I think the next game changer should be you can order your boat with the transmission option that spins the prop in the direction you choose (clockwise or counter clockwise). This would allow us surfers that are regular to have the monster wave goofy surfers have.....

2 hours ago, PDav19 said:

I think the next game changer should be you can order your boat with the transmission option that spins the prop in the direction you choose (clockwise or counter clockwise). This would allow us surfers that are regular to have the monster wave goofy surfers have.....

I think this is more of a problem on Malibu than other brands.  The waves on my G are nearly identical.  

In fact, the regular wave on my x30 was better than goofy.  Much better.  

Edited by bamaboy
1 hour ago, bamaboy said:

I think this is more of a problem on Malibu than other brands.  The waves on my G are nearly identical.  

In fact, the regular wave on my x30 was better than goofy.  Much better.  

^^truth.

i like my buddies x-30 regular wave.

C841A8A3-C7C7-42ED-B98C-EEF921FADD88_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Play a game of ride or die. Start throwing objets at the rider to catch. see if they can continue to ride. Start with the dog