Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 22 VLX

kgh35715

Ok! because I'm an idiot and have nothing better to do I used seedealercost.com and came up with about 115k MSRP. So your around 30% off. Great deal! :thumbup:

Edited by teamerickson
24 minutes ago, kgh35715 said:

Ok awesome.  I really appreciate all of the input.

My wife and I almost bought that boat from Salinas about a month ago.  It is a smoking deal then and it sounds like he has only made it better!  The best you will find anywhere.  Ultimately we decided it was worth extra to buy from our local dealer.  I loved the color scheme and the options that they had selected.  Hands down the best discount that any dealer had.  I hope that you have a great summer on that beauty!

• Like 1

As long as the boat is not purple or pink you should go for it! That is about as good a deal as you will find anywhere.  The 22vlx is a fantastic boat too! Win win for you :) Congratulations....post up some pics when you tow it home!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have been approved for my loan and ready to get this done.  I want to confirm one more time....I'm getting the boat for 76k (he dropped it by 2k) and it's 83,936 out the door....am I getting a good deal???  Thanks for your help again.

Yes, that is a great deal. That is more than 20k less than my 2016 23 LSV and there is not much difference but a +/- a foot. I do think I overpaid for my moderately equipped 2016 23 LSV though. 

Odd the trailer color doesn't match the boat?  Is that the original trailer?  Looks like Dark Blue trailer and Midnight Blue gel.  

I paid about same (before your 2k drop) for a '16 LSV that was similarly equip'd but everyones market (and dealer) is different. 

Its a good price but just be aware that the mismatch trailer might hurt resale a little (just my opinion).  

Edited by pauley71
12 hours ago, HPetit said:

No worries on the trailer. Come resale time you can paint a trailer for less than a $1k. 

Or for a buyer that doesn't trailer they may not care one bit. I wouldn't.

1 hour ago, 95echelon said:

Or for a buyer that doesn't trailer they may not care one bit. I wouldn't.

I would trailer all the time and still not care as long as it was mechanically and structurally sound.

The deal keeps getting sweeter. But don't delay and miss it. I can't say it is a "good" deal. I could be the BEST deal! Good is too much of an understatement.

Next question is Wetsounds Rev 8 or Rev 10?  Adding the Sinister Amp and EQ.  The boat already has the Kicker system.  I would be adding the Wetsounds tower speakers to it.  Any thoughts on replacing the sub with a Wetsounds one?

23 hours ago, kgh35715 said:

Next question is Wetsounds Rev 8 or Rev 10?  Adding the Sinister Amp and EQ.  The boat already has the Kicker system.  I would be adding the Wetsounds tower speakers to it.  Any thoughts on replacing the sub with a Wetsounds one?

Kicker system?  Not typical Malibu factory work........how many hours on the boat?  And we need some PICS!