Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 22 VLX

kgh35715

I'm looking into getting a 2016 22 vlx from a local dealer. They are offering 78k plus tax.  Is this a good price?  What percentage off MSRP should I start at.  Any help is appreciated.

That's a phenomal price however it helps to know the equipment and if it includes a trailer. Is it new or used?

Edited by Sailvi767

It is new.  It comes with the trailer.  It has the Rockford Fosgate stereo, power seat, back up camera, heater, supposedly upgraded interior.  It's 78k plus tax etc.  he waived the shipping fee.

1 hour ago, kgh35715 said:

I don't think this is MSRP.  MSRP should be at least 100k I believe.  Most people, I think, and dealers believe 20-25% is normal/a good deal and anything above that is a great deal.  However, you are dealing with a leftover 2016, so they're for sure trying to move those.  We paid $93k last year, at a boat show, for a 2015 22VLX loaded, but it was a demo (had 190 hrs).  Even if the boat you're looking at doesn't have an upgraded engine or the G4 tower, I think you're getting a good deal still.  If you provide us with a link or anything, everyone will be able to give you much better feedback.

Also, is there such thing as upgraded interior on 2016 or any Malibu's really (asking for the forum's help here)?  I don't believe there is.  Some color choices can be "options" but I wouldn't call it an "upgrade."  They did change the vinyl for 2016 though.  (Forum, correct me if I'm wrong, not the best with interiors or 2016, but up to date on all the other options).

kgh,

do not tell anyone else about that boat.  Run, don't walk, to your dealer and buy it.  It's clearly not a stripped down boat with those options.  That is a smoking price.

9 hours ago, kgh35715 said:

That can't be right........is that possibly the "base price" before any options?  Usually there's like $30k in options after that.

Edited by Sixer
2 minutes ago, Sailvi767 said:

Base price on a 2016 VLX was 105570.00. Right off my build sheet. That includes the trailer.

Does that include options? I don't think it does?

48 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

Does that include options? I don't think it does?

As I mentioned that is base price. My 2016 was 122,000 with options and trailer delete.

4 minutes ago, kgh35715 said:

Acccording to the dealer this is his price not the msrp price.  The sheet  says Base Price $69,573.17 and added options are $16,193.90

Oh! One of those dealers!

If you know all the options you could build one on seedealercost.com to get an idea what the MSRP is. MSPR is what most of us use to get an idea on the deal.

Just now, kgh35715 said:

Ok.  Is there a way to post a picture from my phone on this?  I want to share the build sheet so you guys can see the options.

Upload it to photo bucket and copy the direct link into "insert other media". 

Ok that's an amazing deal! I didn't think much of the American dolar at first but that's great! If the market stays at its high, a year from now you could probably sell it for the same.