Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Service Required Warning, 2011 247 LSV

I just bought A 2011 Wakesetter 247 LSV a week ago and my second day on the water had an issue, looking for help. The boat has 140 hours.

As soon as we pulled out of our marina and accelerated I noticed I could not go above 3500rpm, about 10 minutes later, I got a "Service Required Warning." The gauges at idle read: oil temp 160, oil press at idle 31, accelerating 60ish, volts 14.3

There are no Active error codes

There are 3 Inactive error codes:

SPN:707 FMI:3 Voltage Above Normal or Shorted High

SPN:100 FMI:1 Oil Pressure, Data Valid but below normal range

SPN:4237 FMI:0 O2AFuel Trim Long, Data Valid but above normal range

Thanks for any ideas,

Mark

Indmar L96 410hp. It ran flawlessly day one. 

Would it run ok day one without knock sensor? Is it possible it came out in rough water conditions on first day?

Wow, I'm kind of surprised you didn't get more responses.  Usually this site is really great with people providing help and answers...

1st thing, let me say welcome to the Crew, and Congrats on the new boat (although understandably it may be a little frustrating having issues right off the bat), brag pictures are always welcome... 

I doubt the issue is your knock sensor seeing as how it ran great one day and then crapped out the next... unless the plug was not seated in the sensor all the way and it popped out, however I would assume if that was the case you'd see an active fault code...

It kind of seems like you have an electrical gremlin somewhere but just to cover the basics first.

Do you know anything about the boats history?

What kind of pre-season maintenance was done on it?  

Did it sit for a while before you purchased it?  

Does it have good gas and fresh filters in it?

Thanks so much for reply, appreciate the welcome. 

Copy that on knock sensor.

Boat history:  purchased from original owner whose grandkids aren't interested in being taken wake boarding anymore

Pre season Maintenance: I jumped on this boat because of the low hours and meticulous care taken of the boat. Very detailed receipt and note taking on every thing ever done. All routine maintenance done at Malibu dealership. Only thing out of ordinary was replacement of throttle handle. However, I don't believe there was any pre season maint done, when I picked up boat he had put 10 gallons in and had spent hours wiping down so I don't believe it had been run much in last year. It was kept on a lift in boathouse with cover on (in Texas.)

Sit for a while? Yes, I'd say since last summer. I went for a test drive, was great. Picked it up a week later and drove around with wife for hours and it was perfect. It was trailered on new trailer and driven about 50 miles and put in stall. The next day I put in water I started having these issues immediately.

Gas: It had 10 gallons when I picked it up, which I assume was new as he mentioned putting in 10. I added 30 while riding around first day (at my marina.) The next time out problem started.

thanks for help 

Pics to come

SPN:4237 is the 02 sensor - there are 4,  2 on each side, 4237 is one side, 4239 is the other, not sure which side is which, I had the same error last year on my buddys 2012 247 I just replaced all 4 02 sensors over the winter.  Hopefully that helps.

• Like 1

Thanks to all for replys, just talked to service dept where they looked at boat and determined that apparently the gas was bad. I'm wondering if there was residual from over winter that destabilized or if the 30 gallons I put in day one had issues (doubtful.) Either way they said they added some treatment and want me to fill it up with at least 93 octane and run it all weekend (no prob!) They said there's a 50/50 chance that I may get another O2 Sensor message. We will see. 

2 minutes ago, Mavrick99 said:

Thanks to all for replys, just talked to service dept where they looked at boat and determined that apparently the gas was bad. I'm wondering if there was residual from over winter that destabilized or if the 30 gallons I put in day one had issues (doubtful.) Either way they said they added some treatment and want me to fill it up with at least 93 octane and run it all weekend (no prob!) They said there's a 50/50 chance that I may get another O2 Sensor message. We will see. 

Good luck hopefully it runs good now... I was thinking it kind of sounded like water in the fuel... 

Definitely bad gas.  Maybe the original owner did not stabilize the gas during layup.  Either way, fill it up with fresh gas and get out there!  Welcome to the crew!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Did you ever completely solve the "Voltage Above Normal or Shorted High" issue?  

I had that code showing on my boat.  The dealer replaced the alternator and the throttle lever unit.  But my boat is still having issues.  I started a post about my issue. 

Maybe the guy who had your boat before you went through the same issue I'm having and then just sold you the boat without completely solving the issue.  I'm thinking maybe this is a possibility since you had a new throttle lever too.

I realize you posted this over a year ago so I was hoping you'd have solved the problem by now.  Any advice or help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

• 4 years later...
On 3/29/2017 at 8:03 AM, minnmarker said:

Whoever winterized it might have forgotten to reconnect the knock sensor(s).  They're on the side of the block down low.

I have the same issue on my 2012 247 Slv indmar 6.0