Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 23lsv pnp

Dskog

Hey crew. New to the group thanks for the add. I jus picked up my 16 23lsv and want to know opinions on bag size. Most likely will go with the WM bags. I've spent some hrs reading other threads. So my question is would the 550's be enough. Usually have 5-6+ adults on the boat. I've talked to friends and they say I'm gunna want the 770's but will need extra weight in the nose not really wanting that but do want a amazing wave. Thru the threads I have read there was a interesting one that was asking if we r really overloading the boat for the wedge to work correctly and I've seen videos of the water crashing over the wedge which coming from my last boat don't help the surf wave. So any input will help me. Thanks

Edited by Dskog

Our thought process here is to get the bigger bag; there's really not much difference in price, and then you have the capacity if you need it. The only complication here, is that because the bags are not integrated into MaliView on the 23, it's a little manual to get the right amount of weigh tin them. Then if you want to fill them all the way and add bow weight, or put some people up in the front, you can.

But some people know they will never do that. If you fall in that camp, get the 550s.

I know there are plenty of pictures floating around, but here's one of our 2016 LSV with the 550s, three adults and four kids, just for frame of reference.

2016-malibu-wakesetter-23-lsv-550.jpg

• Like 2

I put the big Wagemakers bags in my '16. This gives you the option of filling all the way and using bow weight or filling only part way for a larger crew. If you do fill all the way and have bow weight. You will be amazed at the height and push of the wave.

• Like 2

I do have a couple 540 bags that I can use for additional weight. Just didn't want a triangle in the nose cause a lot of days someone mid day crawls up in nose n take a little nap lol. What about running 770's n no wedge. I definitely won't complain if that the wave with the 550's way better than the wake I had on my epic with 4000# sub floor

4 hours ago, skicrave said:

One of those 540s in the walkway would probably do the job 95% of the time with our larger bags at the rear of the boat.

Walkway?  Like by captain chair. I have all 4 subfloor tanks on this boat so I don't have a walk thru in nose all cushion

Edited by Dskog

Yep, put it on the floor to the left of the driver as far forward as you can. We will have a bag for that spot that is a little shorter, but you already have that bag and it will work while still leaving the bow open for naps.