Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"New" 2005 23 LSV question

csparks13

Im in the process of buying a 05 WS LSV.  Can you tell me where to find the trailer information for my lender? I need year, model, empty weight, vin and total length.  Its a dorsey tandem trailer that came with the 2005 WS 23 LSV.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

15 minutes ago, csparks13 said:

Im in the process of buying a 05 WS LSV.  Can you tell me where to find the trailer information for my lender? I need year, model, empty weight, vin and total length.  Its a dorsey tandem trailer that came with the 2005 WS 23 LSV.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Look for a sticker or plaque on inside of trailer frame near the nose of the boat around where the jack is.

I was thinking there would be a tag plate. Just needed reassurance. Thanks for the help. 

Next question. What's 2005 trailer worth? You have to split the bos up for tax and insurance  purposes. I'm not sure what to value it at. 

Just now, csparks13 said:

I was thinking there would be a tag plate. Just needed reassurance. Thanks for the help. 

Next question. What's 2005 trailer worth? You have to split the bos up for tax and insurance  purposes. I'm not sure what to value it at. 

Prob $1500-2000

It costs 5-6k for a new tandem trailer btw.  

I tried to make sure my insurance coverage was sufficient that if it was damaged in an accident or something I could get a new replacement since the used trailer market is almost non existent.  Sometimes empty trailers are stolen too.  

Between skis and wake boards and stereo equipment etc.  I have an agreed value for insurance that is much higher than the price I paid for the boat.  It doesn't cost me very much per year either so just keep that in mind. 

Edited by Gavin17

Oh yea, you're gonna love the new boat.  It has so much more space than a 210 and I like the wake a lot but it's quite a bit different than the 210.  Post photos stat.

2 hours ago, Fffrank said:

Whoa!  It's like the evil twin to my boat....

Q0QlZjU.jpg

I dig the color man.  I bet that duramax pulls it a lot better than my F150. 

18 minutes ago, csparks13 said:

I bet it does, too!  Unfortunately, it's not mine.  :/  

17 hours ago, csparks13 said:

What F150 do you have?  I'm happy with how my 2011 5.0 pulls the lsv.   A diesel would be great but I don't really need one.  

2 hours ago, Gavin17 said:

What F150 do you have?  I'm happy with how my 2011 5.0 pulls the lsv.   A diesel would be great but I don't really need one.  

I have an Screw 2016 5.0. It pulls it just fine.  Not like a diesel would.  I get about 10 mpg pulling also.

On 3/28/2017 at 11:53 AM, csparks13 said:

Thanks Tags.  Super stoked to get it out on the lake.  Thankfully its already 80 here in Texas.  

what lake will you be mostly on?