Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What to Replace 5" gauge with

jhartt3

So my RPM gauge is useless with PP installed.  anyone have any cool replacement ideas for it.  it has the hour meter on it but thats about it. 

The library has a free 3D printer my neighbor uses.   I keep thinking I'll get interested in that too.  This may be a prime opportunity to use it and do a Malibu logo or the WTW KC logo with the wakeboarder on it using some ABS type material to fill the space.  If you got real creative with the file, you may be able to make something that just replaces the clear lens, so it covers the the RPM portion of the gauge, but leave the hour meter showing through.  

• Like 2
WAwinegrapes
14 minutes ago, Woodski said:

@jhartt3:  Before you remove the tach, compare readings between PP and tach.  My experience is they don't always read the same and can't confirm which is out of calibration.

Yes.  Both are rarely are  in unison.  But I would guess the PP tach is more accurate since it is the actual electronic count of the cylinders firing vs  the tach, which is a mechanical reading/measurement of the cylinders firing and can be  out of adjustment, ie the dial may not be in sync with what the actual rpm is, and can be adjusted if a known/actual rpm is known.

35 minutes ago, jhartt3 said:

my tach gauge is broken actually and bounces and shows the wrong reading frequently. 

my '04 had a similar problem and was repairable; just a matter of corrosion within the unit.

you may want to search for those threads and attempt a repair.

i'm not really looking to repair it.  i have PP why do i need to waste time on a gauge connected to a notoriously temperamental MDC.