Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Autovent to Wakemaker bags

Fman

I just pulled open my ski lockers tonight and hooked up my wake maker bags to the factory PnP system.  My boat came with the auto vent option, anyone here adapted to the WM bags?  It looks like the vent line is only 3/4" and the WM bags are 1" fittings.  I am assuming I will need to get some type of reducer from 1" to 3/4"??? Just wondering if anyone has already done this?

20170321_204437_zpsxpacc7hu.jpg

FYI, all bags ordered for boats with AutoVent include this fitting by default now, so if you're ordering new bags you don't need to purchase anything else.

• Like 3
On 3/22/2017 at 2:38 PM, skicrave said:

FYI, all bags ordered for boats with AutoVent include this fitting by default now, so if you're ordering new bags you don't need to purchase anything else.

I hope mine was shipped with the fittings...... guess I should open the box and find out.....

On 3/22/2017 at 2:38 PM, skicrave said:

My new custom bags didn't  have these fittings. Jerald Connolly, check my last order and ship please.

Edited by ConnollyCrew

Thanks Jerald, I'll contact you offline to you what you need. For those reading this, bags ordered after 2/20/16 will include the AutoVent fitting by default.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, skicrave said:

Thanks Jerald, I'll contact you offline to you what you need. For those reading this, bags ordered after 2/20/16 will include the AutoVent fitting by default.

2/20/16 or 2/20/17?

2017, AutoVent was only an option starting on 2017 MY boats. Admittedly we were a bit late getting this compatibility rolled out.

I just checked your order, and you have the correct fittings for your bags, so you should be all set.

On 3/27/2017 at 0:52 PM, skicrave said:

Will you please call me in the am. I need these by friday(overnight takes 2 days from you to me). I left a message Monday so I could pay to insure I would have by Friday but no response. I will pay for overnight, please call asap. 

Thanks,

Jerald

205 936 2414

Edited by ConnollyCrew

Those fittings shipped yesterday. Can you check that we have the right email address on your account so you will get order/shipping confirmation emails?

• Like 2
8 hours ago, skicrave said:

Those fittings shipped yesterday. Can you check that we have the right email address on your account so you will get order/shipping confirmation emails?

USPS tracking updated. Thanks again, another order heading your way for another prop. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2017 at 11:20 PM, Fman said:

I just pulled open my ski lockers tonight and hooked up my wake maker bags to the factory PnP system.  My boat came with the auto vent option, anyone here adapted to the WM bags?  It looks like the vent line is only 3/4" and the WM bags are 1" fittings.  I am assuming I will need to get some type of reducer from 1" to 3/4"??? Just wondering if anyone has already done this?

On the auto vent? Does malibu just tee in to the vents going to hard tanks and run that hose down for air vent to extra ballast bag?

On 4/6/2017 at 4:07 PM, spikew919 said:

On the auto vent? Does malibu just tee in to the vents going to hard tanks and run that hose down for air vent to extra ballast bag?

I believe there is also a check valve installed on the branch from the "Y" or "T" fitting that goes to the PNP bags.  I think the intent with the check valve is to close the vent when draining so it pulls a vacuum in the bag and collapses it. 

This is correct, our version of the upgrade will also block passive draining through the vent connection (although it will still be an issue out of the drain connection).

Quick autovent question on the 2017 M235.  The BU catalog lists autovent as a standard option but my dealer and I couldn't find the vent hose.  Was this a typo in the catalog or where should we look to find the autovent hose.  Thanks for the help.

6 hours ago, potterm said:

Quick autovent question on the 2017 M235.  The BU catalog lists autovent as a standard option but my dealer and I couldn't find the vent hose.  Was this a typo in the catalog or where should we look to find the autovent hose.  Thanks for the help.

I did not find mine. I traced the vent from top of tank to air loop and saw nothing but hose. I cut a tee in and made my own vent.  Still don't really see need check valve. Bag in my vlx drained flat without check valve so I'm trying without check. Can always add later. 

On 3/26/2017 at 9:53 PM, ConnollyCrew said:

My new custom bags didn't  have these fittings. Jerald Connolly, check my last order and ship please.

So let me get this straight, you have a new boat snd have had your bags for 9 or 10 weeks and you didn't attempt an install!!!???

i would have been vibrating looking at the box, 

21 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

So let me get this straight, you have a new boat snd have had your bags for 9 or 10 weeks and you didn't attempt an install!!!???

patience is a virtue ;-)

I waited a week

Edited by Monkeybutt
add on
  • Like 2
On 3/21/2017 at 11:20 PM, Fman said:

Blow it off and use a dripless watering system vent that screws right in to the top bag opening, $7.00 plus shipping, crew member posted that and I've used since, works super good

On 4/18/2017 at 5:56 AM, potterm said:

I'm checking on this for you; it was standard on the M235 in 2016, so I would be surprised if they changed that for '17.

3 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

I didn't want to put them in until break I'm was done! The temptation may have been too much!

11 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Blow it off and use a dripless watering system vent that screws right in to the top bag opening, $7.00 plus shipping, crew member posted that and I've used since, works super good

Wakemakers was great and sent me out a pair, all good to go now:)

I preordered the 'new' system from wakemakers to plump the venting into the existing vent lines ... as they may only have so many on order that the first batch might sell out quickly.  I do have to say that for 60 bucks per side (so you need 2) - you're getting a spring valve (sort of backflow preventer in reverse to prevent passive draining) and a hose and a wye ... as this valve is custom made - the cost is obviously higher due to small production run I would assume ...

but adding two 770 lbs ballast bags plus vents are now setting you back 720 bucks ... :cry: