Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exile DIY/ Customer service

Cboom12

So I tried the jumper trick and it did nothing, I've checked the ground for continuity and it's a good ground. I've got 12v to the back of the zld and 12v to the remote which does turn on the amp which appear to be working as they should (blue lights, fans humming quietly). I thought maybe the battery was a little too dead but charging hasn't seemed to help either. Again my conclusion would be the zld is bad but exile tested it and said it works fine. I'm seriously considering dropping it off at a stereo shop because I'm out of ideas. 

Welp it's official I'm an idiot. I called exile this morning and they were also confused as to what my problem was. While I was waiting for a call back from their engineer I tried connecting the zld a different way. Hard to explain unless u have installed one but the power and remote input ports come in the fully closed position in the box. If u fully open them and then insert the wire it tends to help. I was basically putting the wire underneath where it needed to go which was not making a good connection. Ugh a lot of aggravation over something so small. So anyway the stereo works great and even before tuning, it is a HUGE improvement over what was in here before.  One question I have is the BT dongle is wire to the back of the zld and it is getting constant power. I don't have a perko yet and I'd rather not disconnect my batteries every time out. What are my options for this? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2017 at 8:14 AM, Kojak said:

Hopefully you didn't get my old ZLD that I sent back to Exile last summer!

The entire right side went out.  It was out of warranty so I sent it back.  Exile gave me a great deal on a brand new one so I got that instead of having the old one repaired.

I think I have had 2 go bad on me so far :( the last was a total pain to figure out as one of the solders on the connector went bad so it only caused issues when I hit a wave.  Spent hours screwing with it.  That being said I live the ZLD just wish the quality was better (Exile I would pay more for more quality)

Edited by Ronnie
Language

I'm glad you got it figured out.  I'm a rookie when it comes to this too, and I had the same fantastic experience with Donavan at Exile.  I probably called him 5 times and he patiently walked me through the challenges I was hitting (sometimes multiple times).  He took the time to sort through all the pictures of my set up that I sent him, recommended fixes, and explained the set up to me so I could start to sort things out on my own.  It turned out that they had forgotten to include the bolts for my tower adapter and when I called him he literally grabbed a new set while we were on the phone, addressed an envelope and drove it straight to the post office so I'd get it when I needed it.

I'm not an expert on the products themselves, so I can't compare the gear to any other company's (but mine sounds great to me), but I can definitely vouch for an amazing customer service experience with Exile.