Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

About to payup and get a pair of REV10s

Joeycm

I have a 2012 247 LSV with the G3 tower. i wanted to confirm this is the adapter I will need?

G3-lg.jpg

Also. Will I need to do any Bimini Modifications? I am reading conflicting Info. I really dont want to mess with cutting things on the Bimini and would prefer just to screw this in. 

I have the dual bracket on my '10, G3 with the swivel clamps and Rev -10s in the upper position and it works like a champ with the factory Bimini. Just don't expect the speaker to swivel 360 deg in the upper position. In the pictures you attached, the 2 little screw holes in the top left of the clamp in both versions are where the lower Bimini attaching shoes are relocated to. They are slightly in board from the OEM location, but nothing goofy looking or hard to attach. You will have to be careful not to scuff the black coating as it seems to be a little softer than the G3 finish. I also bought some plastic flat head plugs and SS pan head screws to fill the empty holes to clean up the look some. 

IMG_0112.JPG

Edited by wdr

What you have pictured is the dual speaker adapter. They will work just fine. Some prefer the dual even though they are just mounting a single pair, as it gets the speaker just a little higher up the tower. odds are you will not need anything for the bimini. 

I had the dual mount for the rev 10's and it does actually make the Bimini a little more difficult to deploy.  I got used to it so no biggie, but if I remember right once you install the bracket, the Bimini then connects to the bracket instead of the tower.  It put the Bimini pole at a odd angle and they did not want to lock in to position.