Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 Malibu Sunscape 23 LSV

srdd455

I just looked at a 2004 Malibu Sunscape 23 LSV with 425 hours with the 380 Hammerhead. looks like I'm getting a great deal. Looking for insight on what people that might have this boat think of it overall..... THanks

1 minute ago, srdd455 said:

I just looked at a 2004 Malibu Sunscape 23 LSV with 425 hours with the 380 Hammerhead. looks like I'm getting a great deal. Looking for insight on what people that might have this boat think of it overall..... Thanks

Pictures, options, listing link, price?  There can be a lot of variability after 14 years of use.

That seems like a good price.  Appears to bone stock.  Of course, have the engine checked out (compression, inspect plugs, get true hours off the ECU).  Being an inboard owner you know the basics about checking the running gear, steering, hull, upholstery, and other systems.

Listing says Sunscape and it has a Diamond hull - so it may not have MLS (hard tank ballast) which can be a good thing for that era Bu.

Welcome to TMC! 

I have an '04 XTi, which is pretty similar, except the engine is in the right spot (haha). I too have the 380HH which has been a great engine for me. Couple things to look at, the rear deck mounting brackets have a tendency to wear and get loose. Make sure they still fit snug. Be sure the center floor piece is solid, check ALL the pumps if you have the inboard tanks, be sure the steering is pretty free. These are pretty solid boats, imo. Simple and uncomplicated without all the electronic dodads.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

FWIW - two years ago I bought a 04' Wakesetter LSV + illusion tower (lights, speakers, bimini) + hammerhead w/ 240 hours and I paid $24k.

So far the boat has been pretty bullet proof.  Mechanically its been very sound.  I know some people have had issues with the hammerhead eating oil, but ours has not.  A few poor design items (Cooling "T" that is easy to break) I've swapped out for the new versions .... Great boat.