Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Moving tower mount

My old 1999 vlx came with a tower and this year was the first year we collapsed it.  The tower was repaired prior us buying it and hasnt had any structural issues.  Pulling it out this year we noticed the drivers side front leg wouldn't meet the mount even with a lot of pressure applied.  So we relocated the mount an inch or so forward.  

Will this cause any issues with the fiber glass supporting the tower.  

Should I be concerned about the integrity of this area?  It's a 3 hole mounting pattern.  I wanted to get some feedback from others who may have replaced old with new towers that had mounts in similar places and if any reinforcement was necessary. 

Edited by jhartt3

no backing plate.  it was bound up pretty tight when we took the bolt out.  i've known it didnt line up perfectly all year.  but was hoping it would just fit back in.  i've considered putting a plywood backing plate on it. 

Just now, jhartt3 said:

no backing plate.  it was bound up pretty tight when we took the bolt out.  i've known it didnt line up perfectly all year.  but was hoping it would just fit back in.  i've considered putting a plywood backing plate on it. 

:no: 1/4" stainless in order to be TMC approved.