Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2 part question

skylerchamblee

I have an 08 LSV23. Can the jbl brain box be removed? If so what functions will i lose? We mostly stream from phones or hook up a MP3 player. (It's got 20k songs). Some good old stuff 

Tried running rgb wire up the illousion xs today and had no luck. I tried some solid 18ga to fish and tried some sturdy long zip ties. No luck. I pulled the can and tried with 0 luck. I lowered the tower and started from the bottom also. Looking for suggestions. TIA.

7 minutes ago, skylerchamblee said:

Perfect. So is this pretty much what everyone does? Can the black box and get the 420 to run the speakers? If so looks like I'll be going this route. Thanks @MLA

Yep, toss the black box and run a 420 with bluetooth connection!

The new 2017 stereo is much better, but prior to that I'd go EQ and run bluetooth and skip the box.

• Like 1

I've heard of tieing some down feathers to light mono fishing line and vacuuming it through the tower. You plug up the other side so airflow is only on the side you're sucking line through.

Let me know if it works before I buy lights...

There is wire pre run that was tucked up in the tower. Ian guessing they are for the tower lights that's on the mux switches. I'm gonna try that to see if there is any luck. Won't be able to get down there until next Saturday morning.  Thanks guys!!!!