Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wax/Polish for my LSV?

NCSurfing

Wanted to ask you guys what product you use on your boat?  I want to do a light polish (I have a black hull and it shows swirls easily) and then finish with a good protective wax. I will apply both with my orbital polisher however, would like a product that also has a spray wax I can use throughout the season to keep the protection. Thanks in advance! 

I've been using Starbrite Marine Polish with PTEF on my boat since day 1.  I apply it only two or three times per year, though it is pretty easy.  I use Babe's Boat Bright Spray about every month or so during the season.

My boat has spent its entire life in a covered slip at a marina [on a boat lift], so it catches some sunlight pretty much 365 days per year (though I've got a cover that extends down around the edge of the swim platform, protecting the transom a little better).

IMHO, my gelcoat still looks immaculate after now 11 seasons.  YMMV.

Edited by srab

This is the spray wax that I use throughout the season.  I spray and wipe down the boat every day it gets used.  http://larsensales.com/products/077-rbp.html  

I use Meguiar's boat wax at least twice a year (probably overkill), but my boat stays looking new throughout the year.  https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M6332-Flagship-Premium-Marine/dp/B0007TR47G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489969749&sr=8-1&keywords=maguires+boat+wax

For those that use Collinite, do you use a wipe off spray after a day on the water to clean up and remove water spots? Any specific spray you use?

On 3/19/2017 at 0:02 PM, Cole2001 said:

We use Menzerna 400 compound  and finish it off with the Power lock sealant. Seems to do a good job at taking out little scratches and giving it some shine. 

This and only this for pre season. After season has started your choice of spray and wipe will be fine. I use Hot sauce and or quickie spray. 

Edited by ConnollyCrew
12 minutes ago, ConnollyCrew said:

This and only this for pre season. After season has started your choice of sorta and wipe will be fine. I use Hot sauce and or quickie spray. 

Yes, totally agree. A good job of the menzerna and then quick wipes with babes or this cleaning wax stuff. A555D74B-C7C5-4753-B5C6-8A2178AA2C2A_zps

• Like 1

Check out Griot's Garage. They have the best polishes/waxes. They have a one step sealant that I use once a year and then follow up with their spray on wax after every wash.

www.griotsgarage.com

• Like 1