Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malivue and Power Wedge Additions

DkLkSkr

Has anyone every added either the Malivue or power wedge to a compatible boat post purchase?  Was the Malivue plug and play?  With a wedge plate on the boat already is the power wedge difficult to install?  Is it recommended for a dealer to install power wedge?  Any estimated costs for either of these?

Edited by DkLkSkr

Dklkskr, if you are looking to add the power wedge to something with a wedge plate, they are not the same type of plate.

As for adding malivue I doubt that is cheap or easy, if even possible. I think it requires a different dash than what came without it.

Looking to potentially upgrade to a '12 TXi.  Like the functionality of the two systems and these boats rarely come equipped with these options.

Anything is possible, but what are you willing to invest / endure to get it done? I don't see any reason you couldn't add a power wedge, it may require swim deck mount modification, and would probably need controller integration that isn't built into the boat. It may be part of the Malivue system but I think there is more to it than that. I know in my 2011 there may or may not be a controller integration when I replace the actuators for the power wedge. Between buying a new dash and the other issues, I don't think it would be easy or cheap.

There are certainly some folks here that can tell you for certain though.

I looked into this on my old tige and it really wasn't worth it, I was much better off just buying the new boat. I'm just guessing but it will probably be the same for you.