Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

watch out

relentless

the 236 is being made to compete with our 247 and unlike before they did it right. how is that going to sales

i am trying to add pictures

that boat won't even be a blip on the radar of the 247. With 4 people in the back, it looks like you might get another 4.

When did Moomba start to supply Nautique Towers?

Also from a dealer standpoint, how easy will it be on that boat to do basic motor service

I love the step over on the back. It's almost impossible not to step on the vinyl in every bu I've ever been in.

True dat. The classic SLXi's had a removable center cushion on the rear bench seat. Great set-up. Would like to see that on the RXLi.

and if you are worried about the seating you can get the fill cushion for the step down

luckly we still win in sleekness and beauty Yahoo.gif

Edited by relentless
True dat. The classic SLXi's had a removable center cushion on the rear bench seat. Great set-up. Would like to see that on the RXLi.

Just take the whole back seat out. :) It's useless anyway while skiing.

Mike

Edited by mlange

Ok so the seating is kind of cool but the storage still is lame. Tgaugh, cover your ears and eyes...but yes we do have them beat on that sleek design ... the bu is just a better boat.

I think CC has it listed at @ 24 feet, but they always include the platform in the length. Crazy.gif No way that thing comes close to comparing to the 247 limo.

354684xx5.jpg

I still can't get over them throwing a wal-mart cooler in for a 80k boat. Unreal.

Yea, you're right, it is a nice upgrade over a duffle bag Whistling.gif

On a positive note, nice engineering touch with the reliefs in the fiberglass for the ice chest handles. Shows the ice chest wasn't an afterthought, with some dude finding a stock chest to fit in a hole they made

hate the sun-pad walkthrough area. though I know some like it.. sure makes the entire thing look segmented and cluttered

if u think that looks segmented than you sould see the 226 it makes this look like a work of art

talk about ugly

i think its a natique thing

Edited by relentless
Also from a dealer standpoint, how easy will it be on that boat to do basic motor service

I'm confused. Why would it be any harder than any Malibu? Doesn't the boat have a hatch that opens up over the motor like Bu's do?

One thing I don't like about any of the CC's. I hate all the stuff they put on the back of the boat. Unless you make the whole boat a foot longer, you have to take that space from the inside of the boat. So you may be buying a 23 ft boat, but inside it would compare to a 22.

I looked hard at the 226 before deciding on the LSV mostly because our local CC dealer is about the best dealer in town. I acaully went 165 miles away to buy my Bu.

I like the looks of the new CC, but the truth is it will probably only appeal to those CC fans who want something bigger. It is closer in size to an LSV, not a 247, and either will most likely run circles aroudn it.

Just take the whole back seat out. :) It's useless anyway while skiing.

Mike

I'd agree with that; however, we normally have a full crew on board...so having a couple of seats in the rear in place is very convenient. Then we only need to shift the crew forward of the pylon when the wife or I are skiing.

Edited by 2 ThumbsUp

if you have enough people on board that you have to "shift people from the back seat", then you have too many people on board to enjoy a ski run.